Reports to: Director of Education
Location: 79 Essex Street
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
Highly-visible administrative/supervisory position responsible for coordinating the overall organization, recruitment, and administration of the One Year Certificate (OYC) Program at the School of the International Center of Photography. Emphasis on admission-related matters will include planning and developing strategies, together with management, for the OYC Program and overseeing of recruitment goals. Supervisory responsibilities include oversight and support of the OYC program staff. Job requires daily interaction with students, faculty, and education staff.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Oversee recruitment and admissions for OYC program in association with the Chairs and OYC Program Coordinator
- Oversee all aspects of registration (Fall, January Intersession and Spring) in conjunction with Chairs and OYC Program Coordinator
- Oversees enrollment process for OYC programs in association with International Student Advisor and OYC Programs Coordinator
- Maintains up-to-date contact database and relevant information on partners. Conducts outreach and develops and maintains relationships with various full-time education partners and institutions.
- Stay informed of policy and procedures as related to the Department of Homeland Security’s Student and Exchange Visitor Information (SEVIS)
- Oversee distribution of year-end packages for the One-Year Certificate Program; update OYC Program Student Handbook in association with full-time program team
- Coordinate work-study program for all full-time students. Liaises with Human Resources to on-board work-study students
- Facilitate yearly ICP Scholarships and Director Fellowships and oversee the process in conjunction with the OYC Programs Coordinator, Chairs and Director of Education
- Oversee internship applications in collaboration with Chairs and the OYC Programs Coordinator
- Maintain admissions and enrollment history; maintain up-to-date digital student files of all matriculated students
- Provide application, enrollment and income reports and analysis as needed
- Organize OYC Open Houses and Online-Info Sessions
- Supervise all events/activities and logistics for the One-Year Certificate Program (Orientation and Welcome Day, Scavenger Hunt & Slideshow; OYC commencement and end of the year exhibition among others) in association with the OYC Program Coordinator
- Oversees archiving of all OYC program documents and management of student data
- Conduct Information Sessions for incoming and prospective students
- Oversee and coordinate all communication to Chairs, faculty, and students
- Oversee daily administrative tasks needed for OYC Program
- Respond to basic inquiries for programs – in-person, telephone, email
- Maintain active correspondence with matriculated students via email regarding upcoming events, important reminders and other relevant information
- Other administrative responsibilities as required (such as copying, filing, etc.)
- Oversee the administration of grades and transcripts.
- Oversee the management of office data, records and reports.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Oversee and supervise the International Student Advisor and OYC Program Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 + years of office and administration experience, preferably in educational environment
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel and Access skills preferred), ACEware (or similar database program)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have commitment to providing superior service to students
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as an active team member as well as independently
- Multiple language skills helpful
- Knowledge of photography -- aesthetics, history, and craft -- preferred
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with current theories in museum education
- Understanding of curriculum development
- Sound knowledge of art, art history, and photography - aesthetics, history, and craft
- Must be able to lead and support a diverse and dynamic faculty and student body
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A strong desire to make the rewards of artistic expression accessible to diverse audiences
- Must be a high energy, enthusiastic, and creative thinker
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- FULL COVID-19 Vaccination Required
- The employee is required to work in the general public environment (face to face contact with public).
- The employee is required to work in cramped work environment.
- The employee might be required to work remotely or both in-person and online.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered