About Moody Center:
Moody Center is Austin’s new premiere venue, hosting the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Moody Center will also serve as the new home court of the Texas Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams.
Moody Center is offering a paid internship program for the Fall Semester. We are looking for students who want professional level experience and have the initiative, skills and drive to excel. This program will give college students an opportunity to work alongside professionals in the live entertainment, sports, and venue management industry. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
This internship will provide experience in partnership sales and activation, allowing you to learn, ideate and act on some of the most prestigious brand partnerships in music entertainment. Interns will gain working knowledge of the sales process through partnership fulfillment at the end of the sales process.
- Pay: $13.00 / hour
- Not to exceed 20 hours per week
- Internship Dates: Fall Semester (September – December)
- Location: Moody Center, on UT campus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with the sales process, property prospecting criteria, current conversations and current target categories
- Research new target categories and companies
- Identify decision making contacts for respective brands / companies and pull contact info for them via ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, etc.
- Generate a list of top prospects in target categories for respective projects
- Track and report proof of performance for partnership assets to generate impactful mid-year and end-year partnership recaps to exhibit ROI to partners
- Help maintain partner recap content, take and organize venue photos of activations, gather audience data, track partnership metrics, etc.
- Create case studies of highly successful activations for reference internally and externally
- Support partner engagement events and gifting initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Willingness to work evening shifts for shows and some weekend events
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in sales, marketing, partnerships preferred but not required
· Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work in a team setting
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to learn and open to coaching
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· High level of demonstrated professionalism, integrity, and ability to maintain sensitive information
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.