About Moody Center:
Moody Center is Austin’s new premiere venue, hosting the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Moody Center will also serve as the new home court of the Texas Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams.
Moody Center is offering a paid internship program for the Fall Semester. We are looking for students who want professional level experience and have the initiative, skills and drive to excel. This program will give college students an opportunity to work alongside professionals in the live entertainment, sports, and venue management industry. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
This internship will provide experience within the marketing department in terms of creating motion and still graphics for Moody Center events and projects. Interns will gain working knowledge of sports and live entertainment graphic and motion graphic design.
· Pay: $13.00 / hour
· Not to exceed 20 hours per week
· Internship Dates: Fall Semester (September – December)
· Location: Moody Center, on UT campus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· In collaboration with the marketing team, create digital and graphic design for venue and show assets
· Assist in the creation, design, and development of digital signage (ribbon boards and LED boards), print, and in-venue platforms.
· Support the development and implementation of graphic production standards, practices, and procedures for use of venue identity/identities.
· Create unique templates and design branding for various social media platforms.
· Create unique layouts and design for promotors and event clients as needed/required: admits, signage, print and web ads, product concept and development, eblasts, etc.
· Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication.
Experience & Qualifications:
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working in the field of graphic design/communication arts and/or marketing
- Knowledge in animation skills to use and hone: character rigging, cel animation (frame by frame), vector animation, and text animation
- Strong skills in original design, as well as the ability to conceptualize and utilize existing template and stock art media
- Eye for layout, typography, composition, and color
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
- Knowledge of the video production process (from pre to post-production): conceptualize, art direct, and animate high-end motion graphics for use across social and digital media channels
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.