Job Title: Kitchen Rounds
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Department: Food Services
Reports to: Sous Chefs
The mission of Sandy Cove Ministries is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation and community.
Position Summary: Assists all Food Service staff in the preparation, presentation and clean-up of guest and staff meals in a timely manner. Assists all Food Service departments, as needed, throughout the daily operation.
General Purpose: To contribute to an excellent dining experience for guests and staff that enables them to focus on connecting with God and each other.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must contain an excitement for the mission of Sandy Cove Ministries
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Help prepare and present meals for guest and staff and meet special dietary requests
- Ensure food is stored at proper temperatures before being taken to guest lines
- Assist in advance preparation of meals and help ensure the amount of food is in line with anticipated guest and staff counts
- Assist the Pantry Supervisor in the comprehensive preparation of the Pantry food items, including dairy and desserts. Restock and process condiment supplies, fruit and vegetables for the salad bars, cheese trays and vegetable displays
- Stock delivered items, rotate inventory and stock for the department as needed, and clean refrigerators and equipment weekly
- Clean pots, pans and dishes in accordance with the daily flow of kitchen operations
- Dispose of trash and empty boxes and help with cleaning of dish room, pot washing areas, and help maintain those areas to ensure meeting all health & safety regulations as mandated by law and Sandy Cove policy
- Assist other Food Service employees with clean up
- Complete any other reasonable task assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to foresee needs and problem-solve accordingly
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and produce accurate results
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Experience working in Christian camps or conference centers and/or in food service
Reporting to this position: None.
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand to for long periods of time, walk, sit, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, talk, see or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and handle hot/cold and sharp items.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment ranges from minimal to very loud. Room temperature can fluctuate dramatically and floors can become slippery and employee handles hot/cold items and sharp objects.