Job Summary: The Personal Insurance Account Manager is responsible for assisting customers in identifying their needs, determining the insurance options that provide the best value, and growing and maintaining the relationship over time. This position requires proactive sales and service including cross-selling additional services to round out relationships.
- Prequalifies and analyzes prospects' personal insurance needs. Recommends coverages and prepares rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to clients. Recommends excess and surplus coverages, as needed, to meet client insurance needs.
- Educates clients about coverage limitations and informs clients of policy changes, coverage exclusions and insurance coverage needs.
- At each service contact, reviews current client coverages and recommends coverage and/or market changes to ensure high quality coverage.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of computer system functions, procedures, coding and reporting capabilities for all carriers.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by client.
Knowledge & Skills Desired:
- Strong customer service focus with a highly professional and timely manner
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products and usage
- Strong knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of agency management software, insurance rating software and Microsoft Office
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced team environment
- Must possess a solid work ethic, strong attention to detail, and be a team player
Education & Experience:
Personal Lines or Property and Casualty license required or achieved within 6 months of employment. Minimum of 3 years of experience as a personal insurance client service representative strongly desired. Strong background in customer service oriented roles preferred. Bilingual ability is considered a strong plus, but not required.