Miyamoto International (“Miyamoto”) is a multi-hazard engineering and disaster risk reduction firm providing resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities with offices worldwide. Built on decades of engineering experience in the field as well as frontline experience responding to more than 100 disasters, Miyamoto’s expertise supports how our clients address the economic, political, social, sustainability and resiliency challenges in disaster risk reduction and post-disaster recovery and reconstruction. Miyamoto is in business to make the world a better, safer place.
Miyamoto is currently accepting applications for a Chief of Party position to be based in Haiti. The COP should have extensive experience in watershed management, community engagement, at least 5 years prior experience as a COP, as well as extensive working experience in Haiti.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and strategic direction to staff for successful project implementation of activities
- Providing leadership and day-to-day management of technical and operations staff
- Engaging and developing strong partnerships with local stakeholders, civil society, and partners
- Serving as the POC with USAID/Haiti on all project related issues
- Ensuring timely completion of all programmatic reporting requirements
- Master’s degree in International Development, or related to climate resilience, agriculture, civil engineering, and watershed management
- At least 10 years of progressive experience managing similar multi-year projects as a COP or Project Director
- At least five years of prior USAID COP experience
- Progressive related experience in watershed management, climate resilience, deforestation, conservationism, etc.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working in Haiti or the Caribbean
Miyamoto International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.