A caring professional, skilled at supporting others in their time of need
An encouraging, flexible collaborator for whom making people feel important comes naturally
An altruistic and confident individual who seeks meaning in their daily work
Join us in our heart work.
Snowline Hospice is a nonprofit, community-based organization dedicated to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. Our mission is to enhance the living, comfort the dying, and support the grieving with compassion and dignity. Our Supportive Care team is dynamic and helpful; not only caring for the patients and friends and families we serve, but for each other, every day.
Summary of role.
The Supportive Care LVN is a multifaceted position that provide the important direct patient care under the supervision of the Supportive Care Team Manager. Responsibilities can include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Here's how you'll be caring.
To honor your patient's wishes and support the patient and families with their unique needs
In close collaboration with other disciplinary teams, you will be actively supporting quality care and promote patients’ comfort
Enjoy meaningful connections as you join forces to make good things happen
Each day. Essential functions.
- Performs appropriate physical and emotional evaluations of patient status/needs and the needs of the family/caregiver
- Communicates with patient’s care team regarding the client’s needs and reports changes in condition
- Provides professional nursing advice by utilizing all elements of nursing process within scope
- Provides health care education to the patient and family/caregiver as appropriate and at their level of understanding
- Documents notes of each patient visit reflecting patient evaluation, applicable intervention, patient/family response, and plan for subsequent visits in accordance with regulatory standards
- Participates in regular Interdisciplinary Team meetings, orientations, trainings, educational and community events for staff and volunteers
- Demonstrates positive behavior characteristics such as attitude, initiative, good communication, cooperation, adaptability, fairness, ingenuity, and dependability
- Demonstrates ability to work with a variety of belief systems, and honors individual choices and lifestyles
- Demonstrates flexibility, punctuality, and attendance reliability with changing workload/caseload; sets priorities accordingly and carries out job assignments
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Leadership Team
Come for the culture. And the benefits.
- Deeply meaningful, heart-warming work
- Continuous displays of gratitude from patients, family and friends
- Collaboration with other compassionate, unique and professional colleagues
- Warm, friendly, flexible, supportive, and safe work environment
- Highly regarded, long-standing reputation for quality service in the community
- Connection to an incredible team of industry leaders
- Opportunity for career development and advancement
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Health and Wellness Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision, EAP and company paid Life Insurance
- Robust PTO and time off program
- Supportive and helpful 401k (plus matching) program
- Helpful car lease program (based on eligibility)
- Educational Support (based on eligibility)
- Flexible work schedules
Our ideal candidate.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program
- Three (3) years of nursing experience; Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred
- Currently licensed as a LVN in the state of California
- Current CPR certificate
- Understand the philosophy of hospice, supportive care and the needs of the terminally ill is preferred
- Excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate a computer, prior Electronic Health Records (EHR) preferred
- Valid CA driver’s license, with a reliable vehicle that is insured in accordance with state requirements
- Is open to an occasional flexible schedule to work evenings or weekends
- Is comfortable being mobile and can travel throughout service area (southern El Dorado County, Sacramento County and portions of Placer County)
Come join us in the heart work of Caring and Collaboration!
APPLY TODAY and become part of the Snowline family!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.