American Reading Company (ARC) is seeking a positive and driven individual to join our sales support team. The perfect candidate will have excellent business and people skills; you’ll enjoy managing a variety of customer service needs and strengthening long-term relationships with our customers (e.g., schools and educational organizations); you’ll masterfully support Account Managers in the field; and you’ll make all the right connections to make things happen. If you think you have what it takes to empower the sales team to record growth, this might be your dream job!
Based in Blue Bell, PA, American Reading Company (ARC) is an educational services company serving over a quarter million students in 50 states, partnering with districts across the country since 1998 to foster independent reading and ensure academic success. ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions, including the best, most diverse collections on the market in English and Spanish K-12. We are a high growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization.
- Serve as support and strategic partner for Sales Support and Operations Coordinators as well as Account Managers in the field
- Develop relationships and serve as the liaison between ARC and schools or districts within your territory
- Serve as the internal point of contact on all matters related to assigned accounts and Account Managers
- Manage internal and external stakeholders regarding deliverables and timelines for complex projects within assigned territory
- Listen to customers and Account Managers, provide suggestions to resolve challenges, and respond promptly to all questions and concerns
- Respond to in-bound sales inquiries; recommend products or services by analyzing customer needs
- Be responsible for financial reconciliation of orders
- Manage the customer concern process through to resolution
- Be an expert on ARC products and services
- Maintain accurate customer records and account information
- Handle special projects as assigned
- Experience in sales support, customer service, business administration, or similar experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to collaborate and work with a cross-functional team on complex implementations
- Ability to prioritize projects in real-time and work independently
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a willingness to take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) and booster
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team:
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 15 days PTO plus holidays including 2 week-long office closures. 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as short- & long-term disability insurance, pet insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog- and family-friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- This position allows for a flexible home/office hybrid or fully remote schedule.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter.
- No third-party applications please.
- No phone calls please.