Department: Museum Visitor Experience/Operations/Group Sales &Events
Schedule: Full -time (Sunday – Thursday)
Reports to: Associate Director of Visitor Experience
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
This position supports the museum’s retail, admissions, and café operations with the following duties: Visitor Experience Group Coordinator is a key holder are their duties are providing excellent visitor service, solving visitor issues and training PT staff, coordinating tourist group sales, managing promotional activities and community events, adhering to organization policies, and reporting to supervisors.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Tourism Group Sales:
The VE/Group Coordinator is responsible for booking tourist group reservations for admission and special events. Working collaboratively with the admissions team to manage reservations and book group admissions and tours.
- Provide consistent excellent customer service in a timely fashion to all who contact the ICP Tourism Group Sales office. Provide friendly and welcoming presence for guests and coworkers within the Museum.
- Outreach to travel groups to tourist bus companies, travel agencies, and the NYC Convention and Visitor Bureau(nycgo.com) to visit ICP.
- Work with the marketing department to get the sales tools needed of future exhibitions to be marketed to the tourism group trade.
- Perform all necessary operational duties related to selling and scheduling of admission to the travel and tourism industry, corporations, scouts, church groups, and other organizations.
- Maintain clear communications with Visitor Experience team to ensure seamless customer service in receiving group visits.
Museum Operations - Admission, Retail & Café:
- Keyholder– Oversees the opening and closing procedures for the museum, café, and retail shop.
- Ensure a comfortable and safe visitor experience is upheld throughout visit.
- Manages day to day financial closing and opening of retail registers and resolves any discrepancies ensuring accuracy in cash till paperwork.
- Train admissions and staff on ACME/Lightspeed point of sale software.
- Processes membership sales, refunds, and scheduled groups.
- Oversee audio/video each day in exhibition space alerting curatorial with any issues.
- Alerts management of potential security or staffing issues.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Scheduling staff and working with security and maintenance
- Delegating tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 1-2 year of retail or sales experience desired
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses or Certifications required:
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Word
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
The skills, knowledge, abilities, and personal characteristics that are essential to this job are:
- Reliability, dependability, and punctuality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Personal accountability.
- Ability to communicate skillfully with diverse groups of people.
- Familiarity with fielding customer service inquiries via phone and email is a plus.
- Familiarity with accounting and financial processing/reconciliation.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to engage with the museum's mission with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Compassionate Customer Engagement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and/or walking for up to 25% of the time.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment.
- Possess some degree of dexterity relevant to the duties of the job.
- Work sitting or standing sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- FULL COVID-19 Vaccination Required