Title: Senior Project Engineer, IT Infrastructure
Reports to: Senior Managing Principal
Workplace type: Hybrid
Our Los Angeles office is looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Designer. With guidance and mentorship from senior engineers you will develop project management skills. This hands-on role offers an opportunity to be a part of a growing, industry leading team: successful candidates will be self-motivated and proactive.
This role is a career development position; you will conduct work assignments of increasing complexity and contribute to team objectives and outcomes.
Who We Are? TM Technology Partners, LLC (TMT), a business unit of AMA Group, with offices located in New York, NY; Madison, New Jersey; and Los Angeles, California. TMT was established to meet the demands of the marketplace for institutions requiring technological services by providing technology consulting, design, and project management services.
TMT is committed to providing professional opportunities for those within the firm and also providing outstanding customer experience on every project! Our extraordinary focus on client service gets combined with innovative, cost-effective, solution-oriented designs, all while concentrating on the overall collaborative team approach with other design and construction professionals.
The Employee Experience
At AMA, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all our employees flourish, individually and as a team: employee experience at our focal point we are dedicated to ensuring employees’ development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members, and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment.
- Meet with clients to develop IT Infrastructure requirements, such as fiber backbone, UTP horizontal distribution, technology room layouts etc.
- Work with the team to develop drawings, specifications and system schematics inclusive of low voltage racks/cabinets, equipment elevations, cable termination details, cable routing, and distribution pathways, UPS equipment and mechanical systems coordination and technology room layouts using AutoCAD and Revit
- Evaluate technology equipment room cooling and power needs by way of heat and power load development
- Design and coordinate with architectural and engineering disciplines of, but not limited to computer rooms, MDF/IDF distribution, horizontal cable plant design, multi-floor riser planning and design
- Documenting and compiling design criteria
- Write CSI format specifications for Information Systems
- Prepare Information Technology Infrastructure documentation and RFP packages
- Organize, lead, and prepare detailed meeting minutes for coordination meetings
Education: Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline. RCDD certification a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with low voltage infrastructure (UTP/Fiber Optics) designing, planning and project management skills is a must
- Working knowledge of Bicsi and TIA design guidelines
- Thorough familiarity with blueprints, and development of construction documentation
- Advanced AutoCAD and Revit knowledge required
- Management of resources in the development of RFPs
- Basic knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project expected
Salary Range: $85-100k
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [”protected characteristics’] including, but not limited to: race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.