Title: Senior Project Engineer, Security Systems
Reports to: Senior Managing Principal
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Our Los Angeles office is looking for an experienced Security Systems Designer. With guidance and mentorship from senior engineers you will develop project management skills. This hands-on role offers an opportunity to be a part of a growing, industry leading team: successful candidates will be self-motivated and proactive.
This role is a career development position; you will conduct work assignments of increasing complexity and contribute to team objectives and outcomes.
Who We Are? TM Technology Partners, LLC (TMT), a business unit of AMA Group, with offices located in New York, NY; Madison, New Jersey; and Los Angeles, California. TMT was established to meet the demands of the marketplace for institutions requiring technological services by providing technology consulting, design, and project management services.
TMT is committed to providing professional opportunities for those within the firm and also providing outstanding customer experience on every project! Our extraordinary focus on client service gets combined with innovative, cost-effective, solution-oriented designs, all while concentrating on the overall collaborative team approach with other design and construction professionals.
The Employee Experience
At AMA, people are at the heart of everything we are and what we do. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all our employees flourish, individually and as a team: employee experience at our focal point we are dedicated to ensuring employees’ development, wellness, and overall experiences are satisfying and rewarding. We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package to our team members, and provide an open, honest, and fun work environment.
- Meet with clients to develop Access Control and Video Surveillance criteria, assist with providing recommendations to client and project team
- Develop drawings and specifications for security system schematics inclusive of rise diagrams, access control devices, video surveillance devices, visitor management systems and equipment room space requirements, using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Document and compile design criteria
- Coordinate door hardware requirements with project team members
- Prepare Security System documentation and RFP packages
- Write CSI format specifications for Security Systems
- Design and coordinate with architectural and engineering disciplines; interface with clients and construction industry contractors
- Organize, lead, and prepare detailed meeting minutes for security coordination meetings
Education: Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline. Security Systems Design certification or CPP a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with access control, turnstile integration, surveillance, and visitor management designing, planning and project management skills
- Advanced AutoCAD and Revit knowledge required
- Understanding of door hardware (mortise locks, electrified strikes, magnetic locks) and ability to coordinate detailed requirements with architect or door hardware professional
- Thorough familiarity with blueprints, and development of construction documentation
- Management of resources in the development of construction documents and RFPs
- Basic knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project expected
- Proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently while managing multiple projects
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [”protected characteristics’] including, but not limited to: race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status of any person, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.