JOB SUMMARY: LPN Clinical Associate will assist the Resident Care Director with staff development, in-servicing, observations and documentation. Ensure the medical/clinical orders, implementation and documentation required is obtained, accurate and meets the needs of the resident and the NYS DOH regulations. Provide supervision of the Resident Care Aides, medication management assistance, activities of daily living and the observation, evaluation and implementation of the medical/clinical need of the resident.
POSITION REPORTS TO: RN Resident Care Director (RCD)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Support staff development and assist with completion and documentation of annual RCA observations, training and in-services as directed and developed by the Resident Care Director.
• Manage medication assistance as stated per ESLC Assisted Living Medication Management Policies and NYS DOH regulations.
• Ensure the medical evaluation (DOH-3122) medical orders are accurate and appropriate as required by NYS DOH Assisted Living regulations and ESLC Assisted Living Policies.
• Organize on-site laboratory testing requested by providers.
• Ensure Medical Provider orders are accurately entered into the EMR with implementation and the appropriate documentation per NYS DOH Assisted Living regulations and ESLC Assisted Living Policies.
• Monitor, answer and audit the Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) alerts and acknowledgements per process.
• Perform the job responsibilities of the RCAs and RCA-Es as needed.
• Complete on-going observations and evaluations of residents as needed and document.
• Participate in facility safety and quality assurance processes.
• Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
• Maintain medical/clinical documentation and resident record as required, including enhanced services.
• Complete resident education and documentation for self-managed medication, and oxygen per nursing policy and procedure.
• Supervise the delivery of nursing services.
• Observe and evaluate the medical/clinical, physical, emotional and cognitive needs of the residents with notification of changes to the medical provider and resident representative.
• Perform and document scheduled daily treatments.
• Transcribe medical provider orders to the EMR and implement appropriate documentation per NYS DOH regulations and ESLC Assisted Living Policies.
• Communicate resident changes and functional needs to nursing staff, team members & provider with updates to the Care Card and Individual Service Plan as needed.
• Ensure medication management provided by RCA-Es is completed per NYS DOH regulations and ESLC Assisted Living Medication Policies.
• Ensure ADLs are completed and documented by RCAs per Individual Service Plan and ESLC Assisted Living Policies.
• Assign nursing staff duties, tasks and other responsibilities as necessary.
• Monitor and review staffing coverage in conjunction with the Nursing Services Coordinator.
• Perform on-call duty on a rotational basis to meet the Nursing Department needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent clinical and observation skills. Supervisory skills including team building, staff development, coaching and discipline. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: LPN. Current license and registration in New York State required.
EXPERIENCE: Three years’ experience working with older adults.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.