Carries out routine day-to-day microbiological testing of Water, Raw Materials, Bulk and Finished Products and Stability samples in the Microbiology Laboratory. Performs routine microbiology testing, such as pour plate methods, membrane filtration, Preservative Effective Testing, and isolation and identification of organisms.
- Performs routine microbiology testing, such as pour plate methods, membrane filtration, Preservative Effective Testing, isolation and identification of organisms; uses API Strips.
- Performs routine microbiology testing of water, product and raw material samples and generates microbiological test data reports.
- Operates autoclave, prepares media and cleans labware.
- Develops and implements new microbiology testing procedures as needed.
- Trains Microbiology staff as needed.
- Writes and revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as requested by management.
- Maintains temperature and calibration log books in the department.
- Maintains QC organisms.
- Writes reports, reviews notebooks and test data.
- Occasionally contacts outside suppliers and contract labs.
- Performs laboratory clean up.
Requires basic knowledge of microbiology laboratory testing and analysis. Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel). Must be capable of using microscope, autoclave, colony counter, RCS samplers, particle counter, and stereoscope. Must have a full range of motor skills in order to perform job functions.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One year or more experience related to Microbiology.
EO Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled