Bilingual Education Outreach Specialist (BEOS), 40 hours, non-exempt
The BEOS will be serving as liaison between the program, Chicago Public Schools, community partners and parents and/or guardians. The BEOS will be in charge of program implementation, curriculum development, and youth recruitment according to program guidelines. The BEOS will work alongside other project leaders in the successful completion of the grant project through data collection and input, evaluation and reporting practice, and interdepartmental collaboration. The BEOS report directly to the Middle and Secondary School Education Services Manager (MSSESM).
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals for student programming
- Manage participant behavior by establishing guidelines, expectations, mutual respect, and mutual accountability
- Coordinate and attend collegiate and career opportunities such as college tours, fairs/conferences, internships, job shadowing and workshops/information sessions for youth and parents
- Gather and provide academic and post-secondary resources such as tutoring, standardize testing preparation, mentoring, scholarships, and other financial aid services
- Recruit and effectively manage caseload of 100+ youth meeting service eligibility requirements
- Advise student on educational and career endeavors regarding course selection, goal setting, academic improvement and exposure to STEM and other career opportunities
- Equip youth with resume writing, job searching and interviewing and networking skills
- Empower youth to self-advocate, teach them effective communication skills, and how to research and access resources and opportunities
- Create environment fostering holistic youth development through exposure of cultural and enrichment programs
- Collection of all required student intakes and supporting documentation prior to acceptance into program in addition to maintaining files as required and compliance with Apricot
- Maintain confidentiality of information according to HIPPA and FERPA privacy laws
- Collaborate with target school personnel and community partners for referrals/coordination of project activities
- Identify and obtain partnerships and opportunities that will improve program services and implementation
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services, Counseling, or a field having direct relationship to coursework focusing on college and career preparation
- 1+ years’ experience working with 6th-12th grade students from low-income backgrounds
- Must pass background check screening including, Chicago Public School fingerprinting background check
- Availability to trave for overnight college tours and professional development conferences
- Automobile with insurance and valid driver’s license
- One or more years of TRIO experience.
- Familiarity with NAVIANCE and Apricot
- 401(k) w/ 2% match
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Wellness Days
- Flexible Spending Account
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
BUILD, Inc., does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, citizenship, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, medical status, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or any legally protected status. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement: External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.