Ascent Classical Academy of Northern Colorado is in immediate need of a part-time Speech Language Pathologist for its brand new Fort Collins-area campus located in Windsor, Colorado.
The Speech Language Pathologist serves students in all grades requiring special education services or who require universal, targeted, and or intensive intervention. The Speech Language Pathologist serves students entitled to special education services across all levels (K-12) who require universal, targeted, and intensive speech language intervention. Additionally, the SLP is responsible for assessing and providing research-based intervention to students with a suspected speech language impairment. The SLP will demonstrate knowledge of special education student needs within general education and special education settings, ensure the proper services and support for students who need supplemental programming, and ensure the school is in compliance with state and federal laws. The SLP is accountable to the Headmaster and will take significant direction from the Student Services Coordinator.
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies partners with a network of classical charter schools based in Colorado delivering a content-rich curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, with underlying principles in the Western tradition of the study of history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts. Our American Classical Education includes, among other things, the study of Latin; a rich examination of American literary, moral, philosophical, political, and historical tradition; and a school culture centered upon moral virtue, respect, discipline, and studiousness among students and faculty alike. Ascent Classical Academy charter schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond.
Desired Start Date: Immediately
Compensation Range and Particulars: highly dependent on schedule, experience and qualifications; $12,000 to $20,000 assuming an approximate one day per week schedule
Schedule and Classification: Part-Time, Exempt
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Robust training available
*This position may allow flexibility as to schedule, including part-time hours in the appropriate situation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant and appropriate field necessary for licensure and endorsement
- Current Colorado special services licensure with appropriate endorsement for psychology (see Colo. Dept of Education requirements)
- 3 or more years' relevant experience including familiarity with relevant laws and regulations
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies