GENERAL PURPOSE: MKG is seeking a highly strategic, quantitative, process and detail-oriented Account Manager to support one key line of business for the agency. This is a strategic and qualitative role that develops and produces virtual and live event activations and will report into a Senior Account Manager on the business. The Account Manager will drive and execute B2B marketing programs with a heavy focus on DE&I and recruitment. They will work in close collaboration with MKG’s agency partner, a digital marketing agency, to manage and execute client needs.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine desire to roll up their sleeves, learn in a fast paced environment, with the ability to problem-solve through ambiguity. Being nimble and able to pivot in real time to changing project and client demands is also critical for success.
Note: this client focuses on social networks, technology and media.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help structure and produce high priority, Employer Brand (EB) marketing programs by working with business stakeholders, managing communications, overseeing milestones, timelines and leading cross-functional groups to synthesize feedback and deliver on objectives
- Builds integrated and inbound, multi-channel (virtual and in-person) events and experiences that are boldly focused on improving the events experience through better targeting, spend, content, logistics, tactics, engagement, follow-through, management, etc.
- Manage and oversee relationship with partner agency to develop social media content and campaigns, ensuring a seamless workflow while serving as the key point of client contact
- Build strong working relationships with business partners from diverse functions. This is a highly cross-functional role, so a humble attitude and a high instinct for collaboration are essential
- Serve as internal brand custodian, organizing and maintaining internal resources, effectively communicating brand guidelines, goals and expectations to resources within and outside the agency
- Actively contribute to creative ideation for brand activations and initiatives through industry research for content, programming and experiential
- Maps overall success and maximizes ROI of programs by consistently evaluating metrics, providing insight-based recommendations for actions to continue refining strategy and approach
- Establishes a regular operating cadence with cross-functional teams to track, communicate, and drive towards set program goals and KPIs. Identify key roadblocks to progress, and work efficiently to remove them
- Independently manage virtual programs of varying size and scope by developing detailed project plans with activity based milestones. Collaborate with the Account Director in annual business planning, key organizational metrics and other operational projects
- Prepare meeting materials and author and circulate thorough notes for all status meetings and project related meetings
- Prepare Workback Schedules, Run of Shows, Speaker Briefs, and other necessary production documents to guide the lifecycle of the program
- Establish, coordinate and enforce internal and external deadlines and deliverables
- Schedule, manage and produce remote video shoots. This includes pre/post production, and oversight of all video edits including but not limited to music, animations, interstitials, copy editing, etc.
- Draft and oversee all project budgets
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Interact professionally with various levels of Company employees and outside representatives
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Handle highly confidential information
- Meet tight time constraints and deadlines
- Analyze situations and identify problems
- Exercise judgment and creativity in making decisions
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
- Some travel for events will be expected
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years relevant experience client-facing experience within a creative agency, large production studio and/or brand-side in a tech company
- 3+ years of experience in people management or vendor management
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Stellar project management skills and a track record of planning, executing, and delivering results for complex and cross-functional technical projects
- Interpersonal and inter-team skills, including partnership building, mentorship, and conflict resolution within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Knowledge of organizational dynamics, change management, and process improvement
- Communication experience with story-telling and presentations utilizing tools such as PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and colleagues
- Ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply organizational skills accordingly
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Programs, Google Suite, Keynote, Outlook. Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop a plus
- Traveling 15-20%