How we make our food matters — to human health, to our air, land, and water, to the climate and global economy. At PURIS, we are leading the plant-based food movement through our high-quality ingredients and innovation. If being a part of a culture that values Leadership and hard work interests you, continue reading!
Continuous Improvement Engineer drives change through focused continuous improvement efforts to higher levels of performance in safety, quality, performance, cost, and growth. Effectively utilizes lean methodology, tools, root cause analysis and waste reduction with a bias for action.
PURIS offers competitive wages, our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
A Continuous Improvement Engineer must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for creating process improvement plans based on data analysis of current operations and trends
- Responsible for Conducting assessments of current processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Analyzing data to determine the best solutions for problems and creating new processes that improve efficiency and productivity
- Developing training materials for new processes and procedures, as well as providing support for training events
- Provide tactical coaching on Lean Methodology and Continuous Improvement Techniques (Six Sigma)
- Facilitates and implements the continuous improvement process (e.g. behaviors, attitude and culture), working with manufacturing staff
- Work with the Engineering team and help to manage a Continuous Improvement docket for the plant and track savings.
- Responsible for Stable Operations Management
- Responsible for Low Capital DCI Project Management
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to resolution of assigned projects.
- Monitor data and metrics to identify areas of waste and prioritize the development and implementation of solutions.
- With 24 hour operations, must be available to occasionally spend some time on other than regular shifts such as off shifts and weekends.
- Bachelors in science, engineering, management, or a related field.
- 1-5 years combined related work experience in manufacturing environment. Experience with continuous improvement/Lean Six Sigma efforts preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense what will help resolve issues.
- Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a professional manner.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Leadership and Organizational/Planning abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cooperative attitude
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong sense of integrity and goal setting
- Demonstrates ability to lead and integrate food safety into manufacturing activities.
- Familiarity with commercial food processing equipment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Travel Requirement: ~20% to plants within mid-west states
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) ) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.