How we make our food matters — to human health, to our air, land, and water, to the climate and global economy. At PURIS, we are leading the plant-based food movement through our high-quality ingredients and innovation. If being a part of a culture that values Leadership and hard work interests you, continue reading!
Under the Direction of the Continuous Improvement Manager, the Master Trainer delivers performance improvement through championing standard process and best practices on subjects People and Food Safety, Standard Work and continuous improvement topics. The Master Trainer must be able to establish credibility and deliver high-energy programs through curriculum design/customization and project management that are required to satisfy the needs of a wide range of cultures and working professionals.
Training areas include, document creation, compliance, process improvement and technical, as well as professional development education and special initiatives designed to improve the performance of individual staff. This role will partner with many departments to determine current and future skills and needs, liaising with peers in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative learning solutions; always ensuring our business expectations are exceeded through measurable return on investment.
PURIS offers competitive wages, our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
A Manufacturing Master Trainer must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees site training program to ensure that training gaps are identified and plans in place to address annual goals and long-term strategy. Verifies proper methods are being used to effectively meet business/site needs.
- Provide work direction, leadership, and a shared vision to a team
- Trains job instruction trainers; develop operations employees to meet and/or exceed performance expectations in productivity, quality, food safety, sanitation, environmental, regulatory compliance and SQF.
- Assesses needs of the organization assisting in identifying plant performance gaps and develop training strategies to close those gaps.
- Populate learning management system and could assist in developing technician check lists and work agendas
- Adapts to changing business needs to maintain quality training.
- Develops, tracks and assess progress on training plan and schedule.
- With 24 hour operations, must be available to occasionally spend some time on other than regular shifts such as off shifts and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related or technical discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent facilitator/trainer using adult learning principles, design, create and develop learning solutions to meet learning objectives.
- Experience in food safety, sanitation, and/or food industry environment a Plus
- Experience in direct people management associated to a training function, inclusive of instructional design and planning teams a Plus
- Proficient at using Learning Management Systems; experience with remote and e-Learning a plus.
- Highly detailed, organized, efficient, and deadline driven on all project and administrative tasks.
- Superior project management skills
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
Skills and Capabilities:
- Leadership and Organizational/Planning abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and cooperative attitude
- Familiarity with commercial food processing equipment a Plus
- Travel Requirement: ~20% to plants within mid-west states
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) ) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.