Prairie State Bank & Trust, a locally owned $800 million bank with 20 offices in Central Illinois has an immediate opening for a Deposit Operations Specialist in Springfield, Illinois. We are a well-established and high performing “5 Star” community bank (rated by Bauer Financial).
We want talented and hardworking individuals who are looking to start their career with a growing company. We are seeking candidates who are motivated to learn, have great communication skills and a passion for working on a team.
Primary Goals, Responsibilities & Expectations PSBT feels the ideal candidate would provide:
· Providing excellent service
· Process and manage vendor invoices and payments including scanning into Accounts Payable system
· Review invoices for proper General Ledger coding
· Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to entry
· Respond to external vendors and internal departments regarding all aspects of the A/P process
· Select invoices to be printed, prepare for mailing
· Preparation of bank reconciliations and other general ledger account reconciliations
· Enter journal entries into the General Ledger
· Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounting data
· Perform daily processing of a wide variety of technical back office banking functions. Duties may include but are not limited to:
o ACH processing
o Wire Transfer Activity
o IRA Review
o Currency Orders
o Credit Card processing
· Ensure that all audit and compliance procedure are being followed.
· Recommend changes in procedure to improve operating efficiency and service levels.
· Assist other staff in solving internal and external customer issues.
· Comply with bank operation and security procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
· Problem solving skills; technical capacity
· Strong Bookkeeping knowledge and proficient Microsoft Excel skills
· Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Previous banking experience recommended but not required.
All candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment credit background check.
Prairie State Bank & Trust offers competitive benefits and compensation (base compensation with bonus plan, 401(K) with employer matching, employer paid health/life insurance, vacation, paid holidays and sick leave). If you are a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership abilities and are looking for a position in a dynamic organization, we want to hear from you! Please contact us at the email address provided.
PSBT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.