Location: Berlin, CT
Title: Demand Planner
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
The Demand Planner is responsible for managing inventory for import purchases. This position manages inventory levels through forecasting, analysis of sales trends, ensure on time delivery of purchase orders by collaborate with factories and freight forwarder on containers, and manages excess and discontinued inventory.
• Establish, monitor and maintain forecasting and inventory for assigned factories.
• Provide analysis with key performance indicators to aid in decision making and actionable recommendations for inventory management utilizing AFP (Advanced Forecasting and Procurement) to determine potential stock risks. Develop an action plan to correct/address situations.
o On a daily basis, evaluate procurement units and alerts in AFP to ensure critical areas are stock controlled. Evaluate data to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
• Manage purchases to ensure products will arrive in correct quantities, and in a timely fashion.
o Review suggested orders to ensure current rebuy criteria is met for each factory.
o Assist obtaining acceptable delivery information as needed.
• Support logistics of container bookings and consolidations.
• Partner with sales and logistics on excess and discontinued inventory an execute an action plan to control inventory investment.
• Keep Inventory Manager informed of important issues with vendors and products.
• Demonstrate a cooperative approach and attitude by working effectively and constructively with others. Demonstrate a willingness to assist and train others as required.
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, and factories.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, locations and leadership.
• Analytical and Problem Solving
• Attention to detail
• Prioritization and Time Management
• Multiple Task Management
• Organization and follow thru skills
• 5+ Years of experience in a purchasing manufacturing environment and an understanding of purchasing principles, including cost containment, service levels and inventory turns.
• Knowledge of inventory modeling, forecasting methods and inventory control procedures
• Microsoft Office proficiency including Outlook, Excel (intermediate to advanced), Word
• Preferred experience in music industry with Pro Audio equipment knowledge preferred
• Experience with MS Dynamics (Navision, NAV) a plus
For 40 years, The Music People, Inc. has been a highly respected national business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro-audio equipment to music retailers and sound contractors across the country. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the state of Connecticut. We are currently looking to grow our Purchasing team and have an opening for a Senior Demand Planner or Demand Planner.