Location: Berlin, CT
Title: Demand Planner
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
The Music People is a highly respected international business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro audio equipment to music gear retailers and sound contractors. We design, import, and distribute our own brand called On-Stage, a pillar of the music industry with over 40 years of experience supporting countless musicians in over 85 countries. In addition, we distribute for companies such as Shure, QSC, and Sennheiser. The Music People has 80 employees worldwide and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, most recently in 2018.
The Demand Planner is responsible for managing inventory for import purchases. This position manages inventory levels through forecasting and analysis of sales trends, ensures on-time delivery of purchase orders by collaborating with factories and freight forwarders on containers, and manages excess and discontinued inventory.
• Establish, monitor and maintain forecasting and inventory for assigned factories
• Provide analysis with key performance indicators to aid in decision making and actionable recommendations for inventory management utilizing AFP (Advanced Forecasting and Procurement) to determine potential stock risks. Develop an action plan to correct or address situations
• On a daily basis, evaluate procurement units and alerts in AFP to ensure critical areas are stock controlled. Evaluate data to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies, and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed, and resolved
• Manage purchases to ensure products will arrive in correct quantities, and in a timely fashion
• Review suggested orders to ensure current rebuy criteria is met for each factory
• Assist obtaining acceptable delivery information as needed
• Support logistics of container bookings and consolidations
• Partner with sales and logistics on excess and discontinued inventory an execute an action plan to control inventory investment
• Keep Inventory Manager informed of important issues with vendors and products.
• Demonstrate a cooperative approach and attitude by working effectively and constructively with others. Demonstrate a willingness to assist and train others as required.
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, and factories
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Work independently while maintaining communication and coordination of work efforts with other employees, locations, and leadership
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Robust attention to detail
• Exemplary prioritization and time-management
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Excellent organization and follow-through skills
• Succinct and effective verbal and written communication
• At least 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing purchasing environment and an understanding of purchasing principles, including cost containment, service levels and inventory turns.
• Knowledge of inventory modeling, forecasting methods, and inventory control procedures
• MS Office proficiency including Outlook, Excel (intermediate to advanced), and Word
• Experience in the music industry with pro audio equipment knowledge preferred
• Experience with MS Dynamics (Navision, NAV) a plus
Why grow with us?
Named a top workplace by Hartford Courant multiple times, The Music People offers an attractive work-life balance, a 40-hour schedule that does not require nights or weekends, progressive compensation packages, health care options, and a matching 401(k).