CDL A Truck Driver - Dry Van
As a leading 3PL for 15+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities.
We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude.
General Summary of Position
This position requires a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A and at least three (3) years of verifiable DOT regulated trucking experience while meeting and maintaining under the Company’s minimum requirements. This position will safely and efficiently operate a tractor-trailer to designated locations and operate equipment as necessary for loading/unloading. This position is local, home daily.
- Operates tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all regulations at all times in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Adheres to all safety standard and policies.
- Ensures safe loading, handling and transportation of materials and cargo.
- Must maneuver vehicle safely in difficult situations.
- Properly and timely tracks and documents activity log.
- Reports any issues or incidents to dispatch or Supervisor immediately.
- Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions.
- Inspects vehicle regularly before and after each trip addressing or reporting issues.
- Read and comprehend documents such as bill of lading, schedule and dispatch documentation to include required equipment, pickup/delivery locations and time, seal number and any shipper/consignee requirements.
- Must verify unit numbers versus paperwork given and report discrepancies.
- Ensures security and protection of equipment and loads to include any and all load security required.
- On-time and accurate completion of paperwork or logs as required.
- Must maintain clean vehicle and good housekeeping standards.
- May be required to use technology to include electronic logs and other items.
- Provide professional and courteous service to customers and general public.
- Duties may include dock work including loading/unloading freight. May be required to operate forklift.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Operates safely in all weather conditions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid CDL and DOT physical/medical card required. Must be qualified by a DOT Certified Physician.
- Subject To Regulatory Alcohol & Drug Testing, which includes testing for marijuana, PCP, amphetamines, cocaine & opioids. Must be qualified by a DOT Certified Drug Testing facility.
- Minimum of 3 years CDL licensed driving experience required and may be required to pass road test.
- Must provide copy of motor vehicle record driver abstract with endorsements issued within 30 days and have acceptable MVR.
- Experience with driving technology and logs preferred.
- Travel and work performed outdoors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with appropriate equipment or assistance.
- Customer contact and prior experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Must respond well to questions and have ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
- Sharp attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office and transportation related technology.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to operate forklift with appropriate training. Valid forklift license/certification or training preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4919/Jillamy-Inc for immediate consideration. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.jillamy.com.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.