At Inverse Medical, Inc., we're committed to helping others live their best possible life through the power of health. Across our region, we've brought new products and technologies to under-served communities through medical devices and healthcare services -- that create more possibilities for people at all stages of life. Today, we’re working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the communities we serve.
Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for gathering data, proper coding and entry of all hospital or office based on review of documentation. They will manually enter patient charges in accordance with proper procedures including ordering of dx codes, correct coding imitative, modifiers, quality codes and other carrier requirements.
Must have experiencing with aged accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systematically review the claim report for compliance with the correct coding initiatives, carrier policies, necessary modifiers, PQRI compliance, and other necessary data edits.
- Follow-up with the appropriate work cell, technician or provider to resolve conflicting or missing data.
- Review claim data for necessary and accurate demographic information.
- Follow-up, obtain, and enter missing data.
- Assist other department staff in handling telephone calls and written requests from patients, families, payers, hospitals and other departments concerning outstanding balances.
- Electronically document all follow-up and patient communications with sufficient information to inform the next reviewer of the account.
- Advise the manager of documentation or billing trends causing account collection problems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Experience with aged accounts and submitting claims to clearinghouse
- Experience with health insurance products and processes required
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and willingness to take direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The tenacity with a tremendous attention to detail
- Strong computer and mathematic skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skill
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS:
- A High School diploma or GED required
- Preferred Certificate in Coding and Collections experience
- Required 2 years of experience in Coding