About Moody Center:
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Moody Center is the newest arena in Austin, Texas and finally gave the “Live Music Capital of the World” the world-class arena it deserves. Moody Center is a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena replaced the 43 year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
This position is responsible for administering and supporting a broad scope of human resources functions for Moody Center. As a member of the People & Culture team, this position will play a vital role in supporting the development of a positive culture for a new venue and foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are not just valued but celebrated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting areas of human resources including hiring and recruiting, onboarding, benefits, compliance, and payroll.
- Help ensure Moody Center is following all OVG policies and regulations pertinent to human resources functions.
- Works with the People & Culture team to ensure sound guidance to various departments at Moody Center.
- Ensure proper onboarding of new hires including part-time, interns, event staff, etc.
- Serve as an extension of the OVG Corporate People & Culture team, advocating and educating for consistent and best practice policies and practices and sharing insights and knowledge unique to the location.
- Develop key relationships with temporary staffing agencies and communicate needs on an event basis to ensure staffing levels are appropriate.
- Assist with execution of job fairs for part-time, hourly, and event staff.
- Assist with employee check in at Moody Center during event days.
- Coordinates activities for recruitment and hiring with the intent of achieving consistency and equity in hiring processes.
- Assist in the planning and execution of job fairs for part-time, hourly, and event staff.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the HR Department, fostering an environment that is conducive to a high-performance team, quality initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Stay informed of trends and developments in the human resources field through participation in various organizations and committees and ongoing learning.
- Participates in other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Work various events to ensure onsite HR support as directed.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, and 1-2 years related experience in Human Resources Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience administering broad HR functions such as hiring and recruiting, payroll, employee engagement, compliance, onboarding, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interact effectively with diverse client groups.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of basic best practices in human resources.
- strong working knowledge of Windows-based software applications.
- Experience in decision making that is generally governed by laws, policies, and guided by policy is preferred.
- Human Resources Certification (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers is preferred.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.