The Associate Buyer is responsible for organizing and executing the procurement of materials and components to ensure that quantity, quality, timeliness, and cost objectives are maintained. Reports directly to the Senior Purchaser. Must have purchasing or inventory control experience to apply. Knowledge of manufacturing materials and woodworking preferred.
Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm
Full benefits, Bonus Pay, and Personal Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews production schedule report to obtain custom component inventory and delivery date requirements.
- Analyzes wood and accessory component inventory levels, production volume and lead-time requirements to determine needed purchase levels.
- Prepares purchase orders using pre-established vendors and pricing. Performs basic mathematical calculations to determine needed quantity levels.
- Finalizes purchase orders by discussing and confirming shipment date with vendor. Follows up with vendor to ensure delivery date will be met and expedites orders as needed. Notifies production of any anticipated delivery problems.
- Maintains procurement record to meet procedural requirements.
- Under direction of Materials Manager, completes preliminary vendor research on product specification and price comparisons to determine potential alternative suppliers. Makes recommendation to Materials Manager on pursuing alternative vendors.
- Informs Manager of upcoming vendor price increases. At Manager's request may meet with vendor and Manager to discuss pricing alternatives.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Inventory or Purchasing experience is preferred.
- High School education or up to one month related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable.
- Dura Supreme product knowledge
- Verbal Communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Math Aptitude