Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform. Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As Data Engineering 5, you will be responsible for innovation, design and implementation of modern data landscape. This involves establishing process, principles, design, implementation & management of enterprise data platforms, analytical platforms, AI/ML platforms, Martech platforms & Lakehouse platforms including building out data engineering delivery principles & standards involved. Engaging Product, Enterprise Architecture, & other Technology teams, evaluating architecture and solutions for all things data. Reporting to the leadership for Data Engineering & Data Platform, you will work closely with other team members like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move data from source to target, and design optimal data models. You will be also responsible for building and maintaining the data platform. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge and can demonstrate best practices in the industry. Come be a part of a team that is starting this new journey. This role has high demand on working knowledge & experience on Google Cloud Platform & all its Data & PaaS offerings.
- Expertise in data engineering, data services & data management at scale
- Building out Customer data platform & Martech Platform that delivers marketing & personalization
- Setup & manage Data Engineering delivery processes & standards for & platform
- Proactively drive the execution of our core data engineering, business intelligence, and data warehouse frameworks
- Build data pipelines from all source systems such as transaction systems, pipelines, data stores etc. with the emphasis on scalability and reliability
- Leverage central data warehouse along with other data sources to create enriched customer information into CRM system
- Understand and translate business needs into data models to support long-term, scalable, and reliable solutions
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Drive data quality across the organization; develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models and tracking
- Define and manage SLA’s for data sets and processes running in production
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Design, architect & implement end to end data platform that encompasses entire lifecycle of data in process, data in motion & data at rest using GCP & relevant technologies
- 8 - 10 years of experience with large scale data platform, data warehouses & analytical systems.
- Advanced Proficiency in GCP & relevant data technologes (Big Query, Looker, Data flow, Google Pub/Sub, ML flow, Vortex AI….)
- Programming skills with Python, Spark and SQL.
- Excellent knowledge in data structures and design patterns
- Preferred experience with data integration tools
- Experience working with Finance datasets preferred
- Knowledge working with APIs to collect or ingest data
- Strong Database knowledge, SQL & No-SQL preferred
- Communication Skills Data Engineers are part of a team, working with database administrators, data analysts and management and need to be effective communicators.
- Problem-Solving Skills Data Engineers look at an issue that needs to be solved and come up with solutions quickly.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud based and SaaS data warehouse (e.g. BigQuery, Hadoop, NoSQL) and developing ETL/ELT pipelines
- Experience integrating and building data platform in support of BI, Analytics, Data Science, and real-time applications
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively and accurately
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.