Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform. Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for technical design and implementation of modern data landscape. This involves establishing standards, technical design, implementation & support of enterprise data platforms - data lakes, analytical systems, AI/ML platforms, Martech & Lakehouse. Core implementation skills require data engineering, data services, data modelling & ELT/ETL skills. Reporting into the leadership for Data Engineering & Data Services, you will work closely with other team members (data engineers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists, data architects and business analysts in developing, data ingestion, integration, normalization and aggregation solutions. You will be also responsible for performance, scale and maintenance of the data platform. This hands-on technical role with working knowledge & experience on Google Cloud Platform & all its Data, ML & PaaS offerings.
- Build & implement end to end data platform that encompasses entire lifecycle of data in process, data in motion & data at rest using GCP & relevant technologies (Google Pub/Sub, Cloud Storage, Dataflow, BigQuery, MLFlow, Vortex AI, Spanner, CloudSQL, Looker)
- Expertise in data engineering, data services & data management at scale
- Building out Customer data platform & Martech Platform that delivers marketing & personalization
- Setup & manage delivery processes & standards for data platform
- Build data pipelines from all source systems such as transaction systems, pipelines, data stores etc. with the emphasis on scalability and reliability
- Leverage central data warehouse along with other data sources to create enriched customer information into CRM system
- Understand and translate business needs into data models to support long-term, scalable, and reliable solutions
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Drive data quality across the organization; develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models and tracking
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- 3-6 direct years of experience with large scale big data platform, data warehouses & analytical systems.
- Proficiency in GCP & relevant data technologies (Big Query, Looker, Data flow, Google Pub/Sub, ML flow, Vortex AI….)
- Programming skills with Python, Spark and SQL.
- Preferred experience with data integration tools
- Experience working with Finance datasets
- Strong Database knowledge, SQL & No-SQL w/ GCP preferred
- Communication Skills Data Engineers are part of a team, working with database administrators, data analysts and management and need to be effective communicators.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud based and SaaS data warehouse (e.g., BigQuery, Data Bricks, Hadoop, NoSQL) and developing ETL/ELT pipelines
- Experience integrating and building data platform in support of BI, Analytics, Data Science, and real-time applications
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively and accurately
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.