Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. For the third year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US! Ranking at 2,985 on the Inc. 5000 list for 2021, Binary Defense is proud of its position as the only security firm in Ohio to make the list. The company ranks among the top 100 in Ohio for growth, and in the top 25 in the Northeast Ohio region. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense (BD) has open positions for incident responders and network security monitoring analysts in a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC). Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to network security analysis, monitoring and incident response.
Security Analysts work with and learn from experienced security team leaders and use the latest technology to detect, analyze and limit intrusions and security events. Candidates must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 SOC environment, demonstrate intuitive problem-solving skills and allow for flexible scheduling.
The SOC Analyst will work collaboratively to detect and respond to information security incidents, maintain and follow procedures for security event alerting, and participate in security investigations. The SOC Analyst will perform tasks including monitoring, research, classification and analysis of security events that occur on the network or endpoint. The SOC Analyst should have familiarity with the principals of network and endpoint security, current threat and attack trends, and have a working knowledge of security principals such as defense in depth.
The SOC Analyst must be competent to work at a high technical level and be capable of identifying threats, and threat vectors that cause security events.
Shift: M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm EDT, On-call rotation
· Actively participate in and contribute to 24x7x365 security operations across Binary Defense’s customer portfolio
· Actively monitor and react across multiple customer environments and provide comprehensive analysis and investigation of notable events as directed
· Communicate and collaborate with customers through the lifecycle of all escalated security events and investigations.
· Gather meaningful data points to communicate and present to assigned customers during weekly/bi-weekly touchpoint calls as directed.
· Proactively identify areas of maturation surrounding detections and playbooks while collaborating across organizational lines to implement proposed changes without compromising key tactical vantage points.
· Proactively identify opportunities to improve workflow of junior analysts within applicable services
· Contribute to, write, and QC all standard operating procedures and playbooks
· Be “on-call” during off-hours
· Mentor assigned SOC Tier 2 Analysts
- Must be a US Citizen and reside in the continental US.
- 5+ years experience working within a security operations center.
- 5+ years experience working across multiple security disciplines (DFIR, log analysis, packet analysis, reverse engineering, detection strategies, etc.)
- 2-3+ years of leadership experience within a SOC environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Lockheed Martin’s Cyber Kill Chain and the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Experience working within 1 or more SOAR platforms preferred.
- Two or more of the following certifications: CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GREM
- Willingness to learn and continually improve skills to ensure, not only continued success of the business and its objectives, but continued success of its customers, as well.