Who are we?
Lavallee Brensinger Architects is a growing, 65-person architectural firm specializing in the planning and design of Healthcare, Education, Corporate, Science & Technology, Civic, and Senior Living projects throughout the Northeast and beyond with offices in Boston, Massachusetts; Manchester, New Hampshire; and Portland, Maine. We are growing! We are a firm whose energies are dedicated to infusing each project with creativity and quality execution with a unique focus on client service and building long-term relationships. Our firm is deeply rooted in the community. We strive to support the communities in which we work, live and play. Our employees are passionate about creating spaces that enrich and empower our clients and those they serve.
We are working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at the office and Mondays and Fridays remotely.
Who are we looking for?
We're searching for a Project Manager specializing in higher education, who takes pride in their work and is looking for an opportunity to work with great people, do interesting work, and advance their career with a firm that encourages and rewards personal growth and achievement. This position can be located at any of our offices Boston, MA; Manchester, NH or Portland, ME.
The Project Manager requires strong leadership and communication skills with expertise in higher education. Leads and monitors the overall design process, invoicing and budget, and is responsible for overall project performance. Develops schedules, budgets and draft contracts. Responsible for building, maintaining and managing client relationships. Has excellent technical knowledge and management skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of projects. Must be able to manage more than one project simultaneously and be adaptive to an ever-changing environment. Possess strong drive, motivation, and self-initiative, and is eager to be a subject matter expert. Communicates and coordinates project requirements with the project team and consultants. Performs other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Principle in Charge and Studio Leader.
- Be an active participant in business development including, but not limited to: participation in regular business development meetings and follow up on assigned activities.
- Collaborate in developing responses to RFQ/P's, attendance at select conferences and business development events, leveraging, maintaining, and developing your professional network of contacts.
- Be passionate about architecture and the type of work the firm does; and participate in the achievement of the firm's strategic and professional goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Must have experience working on higher education-related architectural projects.
- 5+ yrs. experience with managing small to mid-size architectural projects.
- Licensed Architect preferred, but not required.
- Experienced managing multiple projects.
- Strong leadership skills - ability to manage teams effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written.)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious.
- Is attuned to areas of structural, mechanical, electrical and site requirements.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, & Outlook.
- This individual must be willing to travel to other client locations as needed.
Remember to submit your resume and portfolio with your application.
Visit our website at www.lbpa.com for more information about our workplace and awesome benefits package!
We are very proud of our culture and would like you to see what it's like before you apply! Click here to find out more: https://lbpa.com/careers/workplace-culture/
Lavallee Brensinger Architects is proud to be an EEO/AA workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants with regard of any legally recognized basics including, but not limited to: race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, gender identity, or veteran status.