Bierman Autism Centers is looking for a full-time & center-based Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to join a motivated and energetic team focused on transforming the lives of children diagnosed with autism while building a fun and creative culture at work. Our one-on-one approach is focused on natural play to teach foundational skills our kids can build on, such as self-advocacy and communication. Every child’s success is unique! We continually challenge ourselves to do anything it takes to enable our kids to reach their potential on their terms.
The Behavior Analyst (BA) has a primary responsibility to accelerate client success through the direct oversight and care of client programming for a caseload of clients. By maintaining a caseload of approximately 7 clients in their assigned location, the BA will ensure oversight of clinical quality, prescription fulfillment, ethical practice, and client outcomes. As a leader and model for RBTs and other BAs, the BA takes on the responsibility of upholding the organization’s core values, cultivating a culture of integrity, creativity, respect, teamwork, and excellence within their center.
Qualified candidates will enjoy working with children, demonstrate excellent communication skills, be well organized, flexible, patient, and dependable. They will be highly motivated, naturally take initiative, be willing to learn, remain curious, and look to make a larger, positive impact.
Why Become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) at Bierman?
- Full Time Hours: Our centers are open Monday – Friday: 8:15am – 4:45pm. No travel required!
- Comprehensive Benefits: Offered for full-time employees. This includes: PTO, Holiday Pay, 401k, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, HSAs, FSAs, and so much more!
- Competitive Pay: Pay is based on candidate qualifications and experience.
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities: We host on-site trainings, student supervision, tuition reimbursement, and student loan assistance, career path opportunities and more.
- Be a Part of a Great Team: You’ll be part of a passionate, empathetic, and supportive team. We host optional engagement events throughout the year such as Spirit Weeks, Pajama Days, Trivia Nights, Monthly Wellness Competitions and more!
- Meet prescription fulfillment goals as assigned by Clinical Director
- Required to meet both hourly and monthly authorization fulfillment equaling an average of 25 billable hours per week
- Required to conduct parent training/caregiver collaboration in both the clinic and home setting (if appropriate)
- Maintain relationships with parents of current clients and conduct caregiver collaboration and training sessions as assigned with a minimum of 1 parent training per client per month
- Ensures client programming is ethical, appropriately individualized, and provided with integrity by making consistent programming decisions for assigned clients and conducting overlaps with clients and behavior technicians
- Ensure oversight of programming implement in both the center based setting and community settings (if applicable)
- Design and implement Treatment Plans (TP) for assigned clients
- Update progress reports for assigned clients
- Oversee/monitor ABA programs including conducting initial and ongoing assessments
- Direct, lead & supervise behavior technicians as part of managing programs, including oversight of assigned RBT supervision hours
- Keep up to date on current research and best practices
- Model and fill in for therapy as needed
- Promote Bierman Autism Centers within the community
- Assist Clinical Directors with conducting Initial Assessments as needed
- Take on assigned supervisees for BACB student supervision as needed
- Assist with Interim Care as needed for potential clients as needed
- Properly document all activities according to both the BACB guidelines and funder guidelines
Basic & Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry clients who are least 30 pounds
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Support Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures including kneeling, squatting, crouching, crawling, sitting, standing, bending, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk and run to chase clients and maintain a three-foot distance at all times
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to attend to basic needs such as feeding, diapering, toileting, and dressing
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication though computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
- Must be able to take written data and transfer to electronic files or data base systems
- Must be able to maintain prolonged periods of working on a computer while sitting at a desk or on the floor
- Must be able to assemble, clean and maintain therapy space including toys and furniture
- Must be able to administer medication to client
- BCBA or BCBA-D Certification.
- Licensure in states of practice (where applicable).
- Strong organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Clinical experience in early intervention, precision teaching, and behavior reduction preferred
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication with colleagues, direct reports, and caregivers.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the team across the organization.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must have knowledge of MacOS and be comfortable operating in a primarily Mac OS environment.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s technology platforms including CentralReach and Tableau.
- Ability to maintain required licensure to practice while employed.