Who are we?
Lavallee Brensinger Architects is an award-winning, talented group of 65 designers and architects who are deeply rooted in our communities. Whether designing for Healthcare, Education, Workspace, Science & Technology, Civic, or Senior Living, we strive to enrich and empower the communities we serve. We are committed to the professional development of our employees to support them in designing their career path.
We work collaboratively across our offices in Boston, MA; Manchester, NH; and Portland, ME which allow our employees access to the best of New England. We have a hybrid workplace with in-office “collaboration days” Tuesday through Thursday and optional remote days Mondays and Fridays.
Our Civic Municipal studio is a leader in the programming, planning and design of sustainable community based project throughout northern New England, including public safety projects, libraries, town halls, public works, and recreational facilities. Our team is passionate about creating innovative, highly effective community-based environments through collaborative planning and design with all stakeholders. As a key part of our practice we are focused on designing state-of-the-art public safety design for police, fire, EMS, and 911 facilities incorporating best practices in public safety. We believe in developing long-lasting relationships with our clients to assist them with transforming their communities and plan for the future.
Who are we searching for:
The Project Manager is a strategic hire to expand our Civic team. The successful candidate should be passionate about Civic and endeavor to bring collaborative, curious, and creative solutions to all projects. The candidate will be responsible for project documentation, project coordination with consultants, and construction administration. This is an exciting opportunity for those looking for career advancement within out Civic studio. Candidates who are in an Associate, Project Manager or Senior Project Architect role currently are encouraged to apply. This position can be located at any of our offices Boston, MA; Manchester, NH or Portland, ME.
What you will do:
- Act as Project Manager on Civic projects including Police, Fire, DPW, Town Halls, Library, and other Civic/Municipal facilities.
- Have the primary leadership responsibility in managing both the client relationship (in collaboration with the Studio Leader/Principal-In-Charge) and project success, as measured in client satisfaction, work quality, and fostering team professionalism and collaboration, and project profitability.
- Be responsible for managing all phases of projects including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, construction documents and construction administration services.
- In collaboration with the Studio Leader/Principal-In-Charge, prepare and negotiate client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts.
- Initiate, document, and maintain project set-up, including contract review, project process and filing procedures, work authorizations, assisting accounting in timely distribution of invoices.
- Coordinate day-to-day communication between the client and the project team ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services.
- Establish, maintain, and document regular project related meetings including client, internal team and consultant meetings.
- Define, monitor, and maintain control of the scope of work and services for the project including project schedule and work plan.
- Be responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project and for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team and in alignment with the project team’s goals.
- Coordinate project staffing resources in collaboration with the Studio Leader and Principal-in-Charge and the office Staffing Director.
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance for timely collections and management of delinquent accounts receivables.
- Help manage risk by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability.
- Be responsible for the orderly close out of projects including contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain successful client relationships in collaboration with the Studio Leader to foster repeat business.
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Be an active participant in Civic Studio business development including, but not limited to: participation in regular business development meetings and follow up on assigned activities, collaboration in developing responses to RFQ/P’s, attendance at select conferences and business development events, technical writing for marketing and business development purposes, leveraging, maintaining, and developing your professional network of contacts.
- Maintain and further develop your professional goals and thought leadership in alignment with the work of the firm.
- Licensed Architect: MA Architectural registration required. NH and ME desirable but optional.
- MA DCAMM project experience (Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance.)
- Active MA MCPPO certification.
- MA M.G.L Chapter 149 experience.
- Revit experience in the design and production phases of projects.
- Experience planning and coordinating civic projects.
- 15+ years’ experience practicing Architecture.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Experience managing client relationships, project financials and project teams for a wide range of Civic/Municipal project sizes with particular experience in Public Safety, Justice, Municipal, Departments of Public Works and Combined Municipal Facilities, or some collection thereof.
- Ability to direct, mentor, and coordinate work efforts of project teams.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic, leads by example, motivating project teams.
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, verbal, listening, written and client presentation.
- Working relationships and personal references with Municipalities in the Northeast.
- Advanced knowledge of design process, construction documentation, construction administration and materials.
- Effectively manages project financials including project coordination, budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations in collaboration with the Studio Leader/Principal in Charge.
- Proficient project management and office software skills including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision including Navigator / Project Planning is beneficial.
- LEED AP / sustainable design experience highly beneficial.
Remember to submit your resume and portfolio with your application.
Visit our website at www.lbpa.com for more information about our workplace and awesome benefits package!
We are very proud of our culture and would like you to see what it's like before you apply! Click here to find out more: https://lbpa.com/careers/workplace-culture/
Lavallee Brensinger Architects is proud to be an EEO/AA workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against applicants with regard of any legally recognized basics including, but not limited to: race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, gender identity, or veteran status.