When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, or an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems.
General Job Description:
This individual is responsible for various accounting-related functions for the Company and related entities including, but not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable (backup support), VISA Card Program Management, and other accounting and analytical functions as needed.
- To consistently perform the above functions at a level that exceeds expectations.
- To communicate clearly with others, both internally and externally, in relation to performance of the above functions.
- To provide noteworthy customer service.
- To consistently provide a quality work product that is most useful for company decision-making.
- Accounts Receivable transaction processing, tracking and reporting.
- Accounts Payable transaction processing, tracking and reporting.
- Handle 1099 reporting.
- Handle accounting and reconciling of assigned accounts.
- Handle budgeting and project costing.
- Produce reports and documents as required by the Accounting Team Lead & Director.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Work respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others in the best interest of the company.
- Perform any other accounting duties as assigned.
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timeliness are met.
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership.
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect.
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success.
- The accuracy, quality and timeliness of accounting-related transactions, records and reporting.
- Feedback, both internally and externally, related to customer service and communication.
- Successful completion of accounting-related projects as assigned.
- Evaluation of Performance Review.
Education: Bachelor’s degree degree in Accounting or general business; relevant work experience with some college-level courses may be considered sufficient
- Minimum one to three years of functioning in a Staff Accounting role
- Financial and Analytical skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate fashion
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- SAP and MS Excel is preferred
Why Block Imaging?
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services has a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Along with working Together - desiring to help one another as a complete team.