When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, or an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems.
General Job Description:
This individual is responsible for performing routine administrative and bookkeeping tasks and maintaining various accounting related files, databases and supporting documentation. This position will provide accounting clerical support for the Accounting Manager and Team. The Accounting Assistant will perform tasks of a basic to moderate complexity and these duties are performed to support the major accounting activities and functions of the accounting team
Support the functioning of the Accounting Manager and Team.
- To consistently perform the above functions at a level that exceeds expectations.
- To communicate clearly with others, both internally and externally, in relation to performance of the above functions.
- To provide noteworthy customer service.
- To consistently provide a quality work product that is most useful for company decision-making.
- Handle routine administrative tasks for Accounting Manager and Accounting Team.
- Process Incoming Mail, both postal and electronic.
- Process and Post Cash Receipts, and Disbursements.
- Process and Post routine Accounts Payable transactions.
- Handle 1099 tracking and reporting.
- Produce reports and documents as required by the Accounting Manager.
- Perform any other accounting duties as assigned.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Work respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others in the best interest of the company.
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner
- Mechanical aptitude and desire to solve problems using initiative and critical skills
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timeliness are met
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers and vendors
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success
- Hold self to a high standard while ensuring projects are completed on time
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including listening
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators
- The accuracy, quality, and timeliness of administrative and accounting transactions and records.
- Feedback from the team regarding effectiveness in communicating information.
- Successful completion of projects as assigned.
Education: Associates Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two or more years of administrative/bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of office practices and procedures, use of office equipment, including 10-key calculator, MS Office software, and accounting software preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both in written documents and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate fashion.
Why Block Imaging?
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services has a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Along with working Together - desiring to help one another as a complete team.