Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
**2nd and 3rd shift Openings for Greer, SC ONLY**
The position is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with the cleaning of hazardous, non-hazardous and food grade tanker trailers, on-site remediation, clean-up, equipment de-contamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Tank Wash Technician ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including but not limited to pumps, compressors, boilers, bobcats, forklift, etc.
- Tank Wash Technician handles various hand tools and powered industrial tools, including pressure washers.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and immediately notify supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem of equipment.
- Tank Wash Technician adheres to and ensure compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
- Wear and properly use a variety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Tank Wash Technician assists in field sampling activities and calibration of meters.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Tank Wash Technician reports directly to The Tank Wash Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Six or more months industry-related experience
- Experience with confined space entry (CSE) training
- Experience with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR)
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Ability to complete computer module safety training program including on the job training
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision
- Proven skill to be flexible and adapt to change
- Strong customer service orientation; ensure needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Proven focus on continuous improvement in the workplace
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced organization
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Required to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders and or stairs for cleaning duties.
- Work extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position requires frequent draining into and carrying of buckets.
- The position is responsible for connecting and disconnecting of hoses.
- This position requires frequent pressure washing.
- Perform non-permit confined space entries for inspections and sometimes cleaning.
- This position requires frequent repetitive motion of operating a manual chain fall.
- Perform parts removal and replacement on customer’s equipment.
- Perform proper selection of cleaning methods for the products that are cleaned.
- Perform routine maintenance and emergency repairs of cleaning equipment.
- Monitor the strengths of cleaning solutions.
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
- Work with cleaning chemicals and wear appropriate PPE for the environment.
- Work in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance. Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding up to eight feet above ground.
- Periodically perform work in other areas of the facility as directed by the Shift Leader or Facility Management.
- This position couples and uncouples tractors/trailers.
- This position drives a yard tractor, moving units to specified areas.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.