Job Title: Business Developer
Reports to: Executive VP of Business Development
Location: East Coast
B+N Industries designs and manufactures innovative and intelligently engineered solutions that create purposeful and beautiful places. Collaborations with our clients result in successful design-driven, brand-centric, and meaningful individual and program-type projects.
About the Role
The Business Developer is responsible for identifying and developing prospective business opportunities and conducting sales presentations to land project and program opportunities. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new client business and seeking other new sources of revenues from your existing clientele. In this role, you work closely with marketing, sales and design to achieve established sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and generate bottom line revenue for B&N.
What You will be Doing
- Prospect and target business opportunities within new markets and companies suitable for B&N’s product offerings and capabilities.
- Conduct market research to determine best prospects to convert into clients based on company’s revenues, locations and growth plans.
- Build and maintain an accurate active data base of prospective clients’ information via Sales Force.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of business contacts, meet potential clients to grow, maintain and leverage relationships.
- Establish and manage relationships at multiple levels with key decision makers within the organization.
- Consult with decision makers at mid and senior level management on business trends.
- Build long term client relations through scheduling and conducting visits with clients.
- Plan strategic sales approaches and proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Deliver informative sales presentations to educate architectural, design, retail and hospitality companies on B&N’s product offerings and service capabilities.
- Collaborate with clients to provide creative solution alternatives for their needs.
- Stay current on industry related news and competitive offerings, to identify and develop B&N’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of B&N’s products, capabilities and services.
- Increase existing client business while generating new opportunities with new products.
- Manage the sales process from discovery to account development, negotiations and closing.
- Organize and clearly communicate pertinent information relating to the client, order or project to the appropriate internal support person / team.
- Formulate key account sales forecasts.
- Maintain contact with all client accounts to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate issue resolution when needed with customers and internal company support teams.
- Participate in tradeshows and be a B&N brand representative at industry events.
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
- Actively network in the A&D, retail and hospitality industries and provide feedback on market and creative trends.
- Adhere to all company operational policies, procedures and business ethics.
What Skills and Experiences You will Bring to Us
- 5 years + outside selling experience to the A&D, retail, hospitality and contract industries
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities
- Strategic thinker, visionary and successful deal maker
- Enjoy architectural design and offering design solutions
- Driven and committed to over drive obstacles to achieve your goal
- Develop and present propositions to help influence and persuade desired outcomes
- Build strong and lasting relationships with clients, ability to understand challenges they encounter
- Assimilate industry specific information and account knowledge and can translate it to a sales strategy
- Proven ability to influence and persuade decision making to achieve desired outcomes
- Adapt to varying workloads and task requirements under tight deadlines
- Extrovert with ambition and strong interpersonal, communication and creative presentation skills
- Business professional projecting a positive company image to the public
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a composed and professional demeanor
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Life Insurance Premiums
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Vision Offered
- 401(k) Match & Profit Share
- Four and half-day work weeks
- Annual bonus (based on Company and individual performance)
- Flexible Time-Off (based on business needs)
Visit us at www.bnind.com
Follow Us on Social Media