The Mirum Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the preparation of Mirum to customer specifications, as well as delegating maintenance tasks in order to ensure the line is running properly. This position is also responsible for keeping records of yarn order shipments, inventory of yarn and chemical supply records, and overseeing the overall success of the Mirum team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Is a role model for assigned Team Members, coach and lead assigned team to ensure their commitment to NFW standards.
- Assess Team Members' general condition and arrival time.
- Ensure Team Members are in PPE, that line/area is safe and ready for production with each rotation (5S) and that the proper materials are in place for each run.
- Provide and support training to assure optimal workstation flexibility. Update and maintain the rotation plan. Provide and certify training through the circle of skills, Validate that assigned Team Members can build in quality within takt-time.
- Understand and can perform the jobs in the assigned area and can train, perform repairs, and/or fill in for team member absences.
- Check that team members are correctly following work instructions, and provide training as necessary to help them do their jobs. Team Lead does not allow defects to pass from the team.
- Record data on a laptop or tablet
- Observe, correct, and report any issues
- Works safely with chemicals
- Participates in in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals
- Complies with all safety practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least two years of related work experience.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate team to accomplish objectives
- Ability to solve conflict among coworkers
- Ability to remain organized
- Basic understanding of records, inventories, and other routine documentation used in production
- Thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and regulations
- Overtime may be required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
NFW is an EOE.