About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic/Paralympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Beach National Teams (BNT) this position coordinates essential performance analysis activities, projects, and support for the BNT. General duties include but are not limited to video/montage distribution of practices and matches, analysis of match/practice data, creation of scouting reports, attendance at select BNT practices, monitoring of athlete tracking/performance data, coordination of BNT scouting program and onsite data analysis at select international competitions. This position assembles confidential player and performance information. Extended hours may be required to include nights, weekends, and holidays. This position is located in Torrance, CA.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the world’s top teams on an ongoing basis.
- Create, distribute, and review scouting analytics with BNT Athletes and Coaches.
- Run post-match/practice data analysis to increase the efficacy and objective nature of BNT debriefs.
- In cooperation with USAV’s Athletic Performance Coach and Development Coach, evaluate the success of training protocols using objective data analysis.
- Provide onsite scouting/data analysis at select FIVB competitions and Olympic Games.
- Create BNT athlete “gold medal” performance standards/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to evaluate BNT athletes and for talent identification purposes.
- Contribute to USAV’s Coach Academy and National Team Development Program Academy (NTDPA) content and curriculum.
- Develop and oversee BNT scouting program at home and abroad, including securing contracted analysts and ensuring agreement terms are met.
- Capture, analyze and distribute footage of opposing teams to BNT athletes and coaches.
- Develop objective studies that improve the value/quality of BNT reports and chalk talks.
- Manage, collect, and distribute as necessary, all BNT athlete tracking data (i.e., Elo, TOPS, Win %, Ranking, etc.).
- Produce KPI reports for High Performance Plan and upon request for strategic planning.
- Collaborate with the BNT Performance Staff in collecting, organizing, and analyzing training data.
- Manage the USAV Adult ranking and enter tournament results as needed.
- Assist with BNT international travel logistics as requested.
- Lead all USAV BNT performance analyst public presentations (i.e., AVCA, Coach Academy, NTDPA, etc.).
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Statistics, Mathematics, related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of scouting, data analysis experience or related field experience with volleyball analytics methods strongly preferred.
- Proficient in scouting and statistical software (e.g., datavolley, volleystation, R).
- Experience with intermediate inferential statistical methods (e.g., correlation, regression, logistic regression), and data visualization tools and techniques strongly preferred, including interactive tools like Shiny and/or Tableau.
- Proficient with managing and querying datasets.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date)
- Must successfully complete SafeSport Certification within two weeks of hire date
- Experience working with the USOPC or NGB is a plus.
- Experience with Volleyball and/or Beach Volleyball is a plus.
- Experience with DataVolley and Hudl/Sports Code.
- Experience with coding languages for in depth analysis.
Salary: $58,000 – $64,500
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time
- Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
- 403B retirement plan
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Parental Leave
- Robust EAP and wellness program
- Employer paid life insurance
- Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Jan 1, 2023. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.