Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Boston, MA, Boulder/Denver, CO or Louisville, KY area preferred
We are a rapidly growing technology company accelerating the net zero grid by equipping our utility partners with unique monitoring and analytics that improve the capacity, resilience, and safety of the grid.
With a strong balance sheet, proven technology, and the endorsement of leading utilities around the world, LineVision is positioned as the leader of a $30B global market and ready to scale our operations.
As LineVision’s Chief Operating Officer, you will be a key member of LineVision’s leadership team, reporting to the CEO. You will be responsible for ensuring we deliver the operational excellence expected from our utility clients, and scale to deliver on our mission of accelerating the net zero grid.
What will you do?
As COO, you will be responsible for driving the operational execution and results of the company. You will build and lead a team who manages financial operations, business operations, global field & systems operations, supply chain, IT and security and quality programs. You will build a culture of operational excellence within your team, implementing programs which ensure enterprise-wide security and quality standards which lead the industry and meet the needs of our utility clients. In this role you will:
- Build and lead a high-performing operations team
- Define the operational metrics critical to the company’s success
- Develop and execute a strategy for continuous improvement across defined metrics, defining, prioritizing and implementing initiatives to improve scale, quality and cost
- Lead an IT strategy in service of the functional teams and management, building a culture of data driven decision making
- Establish and lead a business planning process which ensures accuracy, accountability and predictability in order to maintain trust with our investors.
- Collaborate with peers on the leadership team leading Technology, Product, Sales and People teams
- Play a pivotal role accelerating the transition to a net zero grid!
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in an operations leadership position with demonstrated success
- Experience scaling operations of a technology company from startup through growth stage
- Outstanding leadership skills, with a commitment to team development and growth and proven history of creating a culture of operational excellence
- Ability to make data-driven decisions balancing competing priorities
- Embraces a high-energy, collaborative, team-based work environment
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Growth. Help LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Compensation. You are vested in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation, benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by stock options in a high-growth company with world-class venture capital backing
Who we are...
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com
TO APPLY, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org