Are you an educator with deep knowledge of foundational skills instruction in K–3 Spanish? Do you have experience successfully implementing American Reading Company’s ENIL and IRLA, ARC Core en español, or 100 Book Challenge? Do you enjoy creating instructional resources across a variety of platforms? Would you like to devote your work to the ongoing development and improvement of solutions that promote equity, access, and excellence for students enrolled in bilingual programs across the country? If so, ARC’s Curriculum and Instruction team needs you! Experience with ARC’s solutions in a K-12 setting is strongly recommended. Demonstrated experience providing top-quality professional development in schools implementing ARC solutions is preferred.
ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions in English and Spanish K–12, in the pursuit of literacy and educational excellence for all students. We are a high-growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization. We have been recognized as one of the Top 500 Diversity Owned Businesses in the U.S., and most recently, was the first and only company among our peers to receive an “all-green report card” for our K–12 curriculum from the nationally recognized nonprofit, EdReports. People first. Mission always.
- Design and execute the development of digital, text, and video supports for ARC’s Spanish solutions, specializing in K–3 foundational skills
- Revise, edit, and expand ARC’s Spanish curriculum components as part of the Curriculum team
- Collaborate with the Classroom Library Design team on Spanish collections as needed
- Collaborate with other teammates, departments, and customers on new or custom curriculum projects
- Experience teaching SLA in grades K–3
- Native or bilingual (federal ILR Level 5) proficiency of the Spanish language with a strong command of its nuanced rules in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Full professional proficiency (federal ILR Level 4) verbal and written communication skills in English
- Graduate degree in education or a related field OR undergraduate degree in a content field (biology, history, etc.) in addition to teaching experience/certification
- Ability to take constructive feedback and rework something until it is the best it can be
- Experience providing procedural feedback and working in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility and positive attitude toward regular adjustments in priorities
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Computer literacy with willingness to learn new applications
- High-speed internet access
- Avid reader
- Must provide proof of covid-19 vaccination(s) and booster(s)
Things that would be nice:
- Adobe InDesign experience is preferred but not required
- Editorial skills in Spanish are highly desired but not required
- Experience with ARC solutions as a user and/or experience coaching educators in implementing ARC solutions
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 15 days PTO plus holidays including 2 week-long office closures. 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as short- & long-term disability insurance, pet insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog- and family-friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- This is a full-time position.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter.
- No third-party applications please.
- No phone calls please.