Nickol Global Solutions (NGS) seeks a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Advisor under a support contract with USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). USAID/OTI is a fast-paced, dynamic organization that supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping local partners advance peace and democracy by providing fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political transition and stabilization needs. The DEIA Advisor will work directly with OTI staff to advance DEIA initiatives for a period not to exceed one year. The role is available on either a part- or full-time basis.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Working with OTI leadership and the DEIA Working Group (WG), develop a strategic plan related to DEIA priorities in OTI. Assess priorities and steps needed to implement change efforts in conjunction with OTI leadership and the DEIA WG.
- Develop and maintain a work plan for DEIA implementation efforts.
- Develop recommendations to inform ongoing initiatives based on DEIA best practices. These recommendations would inform initiatives that may include building an inclusive work environment, review of the performance evaluation process for personal services contractors (PSCs), and identifying skills-based competencies for key OTI positions.
- Drawing on DEIA best practices, identify concrete practices that build a welcoming and inclusive workplace that retains talented and diverse staff to incorporate into DEIA implementation efforts.
- Identify training in support of an inclusive environment through available external training and/or develop a training proposal for OTI Director’s Office consideration.
- Working with the Values Rollout Working Group, identify concrete steps to inculcate refreshed OTI core values into office practices and processes.
- Ensure biweekly DEIA WG meetings are prepared for and effectively executed, including agenda development and identifying support roles.
- Manage and oversee the development of DEIA WG updates sent to the office on a monthly basis.
- Support to the One Team Dialogue (OTD) initiative:
- Support to OTD facilitator cadre, organize facilitator meetings, agendas, and training support needs.
- Issue periodic calls for new OTD participants to the office and ensure placement in groups.
- Serve as a co-facilitator of a dialogue group (as needed).
- Liaise with Conflict Prevention and Stabilization (CPS) Bureau DEIA Council
- Attend bi-weekly standing meetings.
- Disseminate information to OTI DEIA WG and OTI leadership
- Engage in CPS DEIA Council events and support implementation efforts, as needed.
- Liaise with Agency DEIA Council and Office of the Chief DEIA Officer (CDO)
- Attend quarterly meetings on behalf of CPS/OTI, as needed.
- Disseminate information to OTI DEIA WG and OTI leadership.
- Liaise with other DEIA Councils and Working Groups across the Agency, as needed or requested.
- Supervise administrative support provided by Administrative Assistant or intern.
- Ensure all administrative aspects of DEIA WG functions are executed.
- Demonstrated experience with DEIA initiatives
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic plans
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading implementation plans and associated project management
- Ability to obtain and maintain facilities access from USAID Office of Security
- Experience with project management
- Formal education or training in DEIA or related issues
- Experience with change management initiatives
- Experience with DEIA elements of performance management
- Experience with federal workplaces and the constraints inherent therein
About Nickol Global Solutions LLC
Nickol Global Solutions (NGS) provides a wide range of management consulting and advisory services designed to fortify stakeholder capacity and effectiveness, including in public institutions, civil society organizations, and private sector firms. In the U.S. and overseas, NGS helps public and private sector clients assess and develop capacity; optimize performance and quality objectives; enhance transparency and accountability; measure success; and communicate about their work—all with the aim of advancing development objectives even in the most complex operating environments. For more information, please visit https://www.nickolglobal.com/
NGS is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.