A recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Overview of the Community Health Worker:
The Community Health Worker’s primary responsibility is to provide ongoing support to members enrolled in Wayspring’s Recovery Solutions program. This role will serve as a guide to individuals working towards long term recovery by mentoring them through their treatment program. Once matched with an appropriate member, the Community Health Worker will activate their care plan to ensure that members are engaged in prescribed treatment. In addition, the Community Health Worker will ensure that members are connected to essential community support resources (i.e., housing, transportation, etc.) to enhance retention and increase the likelihood of maintaining long term recovery.
Our ideal candidate would have experience and direct mentoring of individuals engaged in treatment for Substance Use Disorder. Strong organizational and communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to quickly identify problems and act to minimize the likelihood of adverse clinical outcomes.
Responsibilities of the Community Health Worker:
- Conduct outreach calls to members
- Engage with members in person
- Document activities in the electronic medical record, along with updating care plan activities and interactions
- Maintain members’ Care Contingency Plans and if necessary, execute the plan at the direction of the Recovery Partner
- Coach the patient to meet both personal and treatment program goals
- Facilitate closing gaps in care by educating patients about preventative visits and importance of having a relationship with a primary care provider
- Establish and foster relationships with local treatment facilities (inpatient, residential, IOP/PHP, outpatient, MAT, etc.)
- Establish and foster relationships with community resources (12-step meetings, transportation, housing, financial, etc.), and connect members when appropriate
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
- Access to a car, and an active driver’s license
- Strong customer service orientation, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting
- A belief that the status quo can be improved upon
- A desire for process improvement, problem solving, and results
- Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Engagement Specialist, or Community Health Worker Certification or the like
- Current and active licensure as a peer/recovery coach
- An appetite for learning and self-improvement
- Startup experience within healthcare and/or IT setting is a plus
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays