To contribute to client retention by ensuring clients receive timely, professional, high-level technical support to teachers, staff, and students.
Please note: This position is located in Fitzgerald, GA
• Establish system specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements, designing system infrastructure.
• Establish web system by planning and executing the selection, installing, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
• Maintain web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secure web system by conferring with vendors and services, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Serve as administrator of specific corporate applications, keeping applications current.
• Develop, present training on applications.
• Monitor applications for uptime.
• Troubleshoot and resolve incidents with operating systems, hardware, software, and network infrastructure.
• Document resolution plan and progress, and estimated resolution time.
• Research multiple incidents with common symptoms and identify root cause; apply resolution across all affected IT environments.
• Provide advanced help desk support for on-site team members; assist remote team members in analyzing and advanced troubleshooting.
• Install, configure, operate, and maintain hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
• Analyze systems statistics; recommend performance enhancements.
• Research, recommend, and implement new technologies to enable continuing innovation within infrastructure.
• Design, configure, monitor, and optimize system hardware for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable cost.
• Create, review, and modify knowledgebase articles and IT environment documentation.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Attend school board meetings, as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Up to 25%
• 12 months, Monday-Friday
• Varies with client hours; normally one hour prior to start of school day until one hour after end of school day
• Bachelor’s in computer science or information technology
• 2-4 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting diverse networking and server environments
• Experience managing desktop environment, including deployment, application installation, and ongoing support technologies
• Experience in senior-level help desk environment helpful
• Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/7/8, Windows Server NT/2000/2003/2008/2012, Virtual Servers, Novell.
• Technologies: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, LAN/WAN, Windows, Active Directory, Novell, eDirectory, Software Imaging and Distribution, Remote Support and Monitoring.
• Software: Microsoft Office, Solarwinds, InstallShield, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery, Cloud Backup Software, VMware, Ghost, MS Systems Management Server. SANs/NAS devices, System Center Configuration Manager 2007/2012 experience is a plus.
• Hardware: Servers, Desktop, Laptop, Tablets, Network Switches, Routers, Printers
• Novell to Microsoft migration experience helpful
• VoIP experience (a plus)
Required: A+, Network+, MCSA or equivalent
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds