About Second Stage
Second Stage Theater produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
The Second Stage Theater General Management department is seeking a full time Company Manager for its Broadway productions of Between Riverside and Crazy (Fall 2022) and The Thanksgiving Play (Spring 2023). Submissions shall be accepted for interested candidates that are available for both productions. The Company Manager will support all administrative activities for the production.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary liaison between the General Management Department and all company members (to include: casts, crews, creative teams, stage management and musicians). Maintain all company communication pertaining to 2ST’s Marketing, Development and Press departments.
- Support the General Management department in the tracking, drafting, execution and filing of artist contracts.
- Process onboarding paperwork and weekly payroll for company members and remit Dues, Pension and Health Reports to Finance Department and the appropriate unions.
- With the Associate General Manager, track and facilitate payment of all fees for designers, assistants, playwrights, and directors.
- Track and manage budgets related to all assigned projects, including but not limited to: payroll, special events and general company management expenses.
- Arrange travel and secure short-term local housing for all out-of-town artists.
- Oversee child guardians and tutors for child performers.
- Coordinate meet & greets and all other events involving company members.
- Maintain contact information for agents, cast and creative team members.
- Compile necessary materials and copy for Playbills, circulating for approval and maintaining bi-weekly update schedule.
- Plan, source and distribute opening night gifts to company members.
- Manage local transportation arrangements for company members, as required.
- Manage company/house ticket requests including production related seats at previews and comp reconciliation reports.
- Participate in strategy discussions pertaining to ticket availability, house size and efforts to fill the house as necessary.
- Manage Tony Award® ticketing process, as well as all other requirements related to the awards.
- Manage general production concierge requirements, including emergency health and wellness appointments.
- Represent General Management at rehearsals, events and production meetings as requested.
- Facilitate general production concierge requirements.
- Cover all rehearsals and performances during the run at The Hayes Theater; serve as Second Stage’s liaison with cast and crew at all rehearsals and performances.
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of Company Management or experience in a General Management office required
- Attention to detail, a positive spirit and a sense of humor
- Ability to problem-solve and facilitate solutions to issues
- Ability to work productively under time pressures and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent decision-making skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office required; experience with Tessitura a plus
This is a full-time, temporary position. The contract period spans from mid-October through mid-June, with core hours Tuesday through Sunday. The Company Manager will be required to be onsite on evenings and weekends, by nature of Second Stage’s performance and events schedule.
Contract, Compensation and Benefits
This is a union position and offers competitive salary (minimum $1800.41/week) as covered by the ATPAM contract. Tuesday - Sunday with evenings and weekends “show schedule” is required.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Second Stage is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.