Core Behavioral Values: Community, Engagement, Quality, Responsibility, Integrity. These values are based upon our culture and our commitment to the community and are critical to support the mission of the organization.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for performing daily accounting activities for the Finance Department. Follow established procedures and finance policies, applying knowledge of bank operations processing and transactions to update all accounting records. Provide timely and accurate reconciliation of the Bank’s financial records and assist in the research and resolution of accounting problems.
- Run various daily reports from the bank accounting system and download daily transactions to the general ledger ensuring the core system is balanced to the general ledger
- Provide GL histories daily and support activities to address balancing or posting issues
- Prepare and process weekly Accounts Payable; working with vendors and management to resolve any billing disputes
- Post all manual daily entries to the appropriate general ledger accounts and review all General Ledger accounts for accuracy; research errors and make corrected postings
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts, suspense accounts, bank checking and other accounts according to the schedule established by the Controller
- Assist in the monthly closing and reconciliation of the Bank’s financial records
- Post and reconcile bi-weekly payroll entry
- Monthly reconciliation of Corporate Credit Card account ensuring all receipts are received and matched up with the statement
- Utilizes the Federal Reserve Bank website to order cash for branches, download returned deposit items, and file required weekly FR 2900 report
- Prepare reports as requested, and file accounting forms and documentation
- Record tax information on back-up withholding and prepare accurate year-end tax reports
- Provide back up support for the duties of the Controller, and other finance department activities
- Provide information to other departments related to account balancing and transactions
- Work with bank’s systems and networking specialists to troubleshoot problems
- Research and resolve transactional problems, escalating more difficult issues to more experienced team members
- Utilize various bank accounting software applications
- Address inquiries related to finance/accounting data, respond to requests, and escalate as necessary
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; maintains confidentiality. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting field, banking experience is helpful but not required.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills with various bank and office software programs with an emphasis on Excel.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work under general supervision.
- Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards, with moderate level of noise.
- Physical effort required; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, some bending or light lifting required.
- Visual and manual dexterity abilities for computer use, reading, performing job functions.
First Seacoast Bank is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with our employees and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call us locally at 603-742-4680 or toll-free at 1-800-462-2265. This email and phone number will assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.