The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resources department. They will be involved in many aspects of human resources work with a focus on recruiting, onboarding, HR related trainings, office management, and how to best utilize our HRIS system. They are expected to complete necessary reporting for both internal and external customers, employee benefit enrollment, maintenance of personnel files, and documentation of HR processes and procedures. They may be asked to assist the executive team and support the HR leader with reviews, employee relations, personnel management, and other processes as necessary. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for contributing to the growth of the organization in alignment with organizational goals and culture.
Essential Job Functions
- Actively involved in recruitment efforts including but not limited to attendance of job fairs, position posting, phone screens, reference checks, travel arrangements, conducts or coordinates skill testing if necessary, and provides managers with assistance in the hiring process.
- Conducts or assists with new hire HR orientation, handbook training, and other HR required trainings.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Assist in any HR related investigations including fact finding, interviews, and documentation.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department, ESOP Committee, and executives as necessary.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Owns relationship with any vendors in connection with the company store.
- Should this position reside within a reasonable commute to an office location, acts as office manager for coordination of any repairs, maintenance, and supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Educational, Experience, and Licensing Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of HR experience in multiple facets of HR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop appropriate correspondence both internally and externally
- Work under minimal direction, organized, and have the ability to prioritize commitments and projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to follow data entry/department standards
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Act with persistence and tact in resolving issues both internally and externally
- Strong customer relations skills that include the ability to work with discretion and integrity
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate highest level of professionalism in both appearance and behavior
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong work ethic with off-hours flexibility and able to travel as needed to meetings and training events
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use.