The EM Microbiologist conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis of pharmaceutical industries Environment according to FDA, ISO, cGMP and Boston Analytical, Inc. Standard Operating Procedures. Duties will include Sampling of pharmaceutical industries through ISO standards and client specific test protocols. The schedule for this position is 1st shift, Sunday through Wednesday.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collects Environmental Monitoring Samples onsite and offsite at client manufacturing sites.
- Documents work in a clear and organized manner on the data sheets- follows GDP.
- Revises procedures and ELNs under close supervision.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and conducts periodic safety audits.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
- Under close supervision confers with Microbiologists and other client personnel regarding research, procedures performed, related results and prepares reports.
- Under close supervision will be trained to become proficient at assigned tasks in order to become subject matter experts.
- Performs routine data generation and problem solving with a minimal rework.
- Works under close supervision to ensure all work performed is executed in compliance with standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices, and the regulations of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to Company, client, ISO and Pharmacopeial methodologies.
- Performs system maintenance and calibrations to ensure equipment is operating with specified requirements.
- Proper handling of hazardous waste in compliance with the Company and DES hazardous waste rules.
Qualifications include a BA or BS degree in Microbiology or related science discipline with 0-2 years of related experience is required. Knowledge of cGMP and related compliance regulations and guidances is preferred.
Minimum Skill Requirement
- Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely and proficiently.
- A self-starter, motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills capable of effectively interacting with all departments and client personnel.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.