Summary: As a principal function, to receive and record money in payment of taxes, bills and other charges: to prepare records and reports: and to perform related clerical work as required. A Cashier II acts as senior cashier and performs the more difficult and responsible work.
Supervision Received: Work is performed under the supervision of an employee of higher grade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: An employee in this class may be called upon to do any of all of the following: (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform
· Receive funds in payment of taxes, water bills, special assessments or other charges.
· May post to special assessment ledger and set up and maintain ledger cards.
· May operate bookkeeping machine.
· Receive cash and checks from other departments and from mail payments.
· Record all funds received and prepare receipts, as required.
· Compute percentage of partial payments.
· Check property descriptions.
· Assist in the preparation of tax notices and special assessment notices.
· Type various records and reports.
· Perform related clerical work as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Reasonable knowledge of cash-handling and elementary bookkeeping practices and procedures. Reasonable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures. Skill in counting money and in making change. Ability to prepare accurate written records and reports. Skill in the operation of a typewriter. Ability to work effectively with the public, and with other employees.
Education and/or Experience: An employee in this class, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following training and experience:
Graduation from an accredited high school, including courses in bookkeeping and commercial subjects. Some experience in performing clerical, cashier or bookkeeping work.