Lynker is recruiting for a Conference manager to support an upcoming meeting in Hawaii. There is a possibility of additional work after this first project.
The Event Planner will provide project support and expertise for an upcoming Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) meeting in Puerto Rico in Spring 2023. This is a senior level position requiring the appropriate experience to manage the planning of a meeting.
- Negotiate prices for hotel rooms, conference rooms, AV equipment, banquet services, business services and any other conference requirements
- Secure contracts with vendors (Lynker contracts department will sign the contracts)
- Manage the vendors initially, prior to and, remotely, during the meeting to confirm a smooth running meeting
- Participate in project meetings and propose solutions when necessary
- Contribute to a project management plan containing a level of detail sufficient to understand and track the specific steps needed to meet the requirements
- Provide bi-weekly progress reports showing project status.
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Arrange transportation
- Develop a timeline/ schedule
- Liason between client and hotel
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field
- 15 plus years of experience in event planning
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Strong writing, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Team-management and leadership skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong time-management skills that allow for juggling competing demands and priorities, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in appropriate software including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, experience using calendar programs
- Project management experience is a plus
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.