We are HALO! We connect people and brands to create unforgettable, meaningful, and lasting experiences that build brand engagement and loyalty for our over 60,000 clients globally. HALO has grown exponentially over the past few years to over $800 million supported by 2000 employees, 1,100 Account Executives and 40+ sales offices across the United States. HALO is the global leader of our $25B industry.
HALO is looking for an Operations Controller to act as a strong partner to the CFO and COO. The role is responsible for ensuring a smooth and efficient day-to-day operation and success of the order-to-cash process by building a best in class operation for collection, payment processing, and networking capital management. S/he will provide leadership and direction to 2 direct reports and a team of 85. This role is a blend of strategic roadmap development and a roll up your sleeves, hands on position accountable for adapting and executing functional/departmental business plans to achieve our key results.
- Partner closely with CFO and COO to ensure a best-in-class process and partnership between A/P, A/R, and billing.
- Collaborate with Commercial Leaders, AEs and sales team to ensure a timely collection of AR along with high satisfaction rating
- Work closely with CFO and Corporate controller to manage liquidity, revolver debt and net working capital.
- Drives change and is accountable for identifying trends such as automation solutions and optimization of material flow management to improve efficiency, cost reduction and cash flow
- Develop strategic partnerships with operational and functional leaders across the businesses to help them identify, analyze, and diagnose performance against the key performance indices
- Direct, coordinate, and administer accounting operations which include accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Plan, direct, and coordinate KPI management, sub-ledger maintenance, report preparation, and operating statistics
- Analyzing data to identify issues that may require corrective action, deliver recommendations for continuous improvement, and clearly communicating relevant fiscal information to executive management
- Supervise and coordinate daily and monthly reporting and compliance
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller to monitor forecasting and accuracy for the organization
- Communicate financial response to executive management and key financial stakeholders
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, maximizing individual strengths and striving for excellence in talent development and organizational leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance or Accounting
- 12+ years in a financial role
- 5+ years as a finance leader
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced skills in Excel
- Prior experience with ERP Systems; Infor-M3 is a plus
- Previous experience in a distribution type model is desired
- Must have excellent analytical skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Proven track record in successfully supporting growth through effective financial modeling and tracking
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, interpersonal, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed with the ability to relate to all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines as required
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions. We partner with our clients to break through the clutter of our media saturated world and connect their brands to customers, employees and other audiences critical to their success. As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination.
We also offer:
- Career Advancement: At HALO, we love promoting from within. Internal promotions is the key to our exponential growth in the last few years. With so many industry leaders at HALO, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from their experience, insights, and skills and gain access to HALO's influential global network, leadership experiences, and diverse thinking.
- Culture: We love working here and know that you will too. You can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. We push the limits of possibilities and imagination by staying curious, humble, and provocative in order to break through yesterday's limit. Diversity is the source of our creativity and we thrive when each of contributes to an inclusive culture of respect, dignity, and equity mindset in everything we do. We keep our promise for excellence with an unrelenting commitment to achieving results and supporting one another to stay accountable, transparent, and dependable.
- Recognition: You're going to succeed here, and you can count on us to celebrate your wins. Colleagues across the company will join in recognizing your big milestones and nominate you for awards. Over time, you'll earn so much recognition that you can convert into gift cards, trips, concerts, and merchandise at your favorite brands.
- Flexibility: Most roles offer hybrid work. In addition, we pride ourselves on flexible schedules that help you find a balance between professional and personal demands. We believe that supporting our customers is the priority and trust that you and your manager will find a schedule to achieve that priority.
- Work with your favorite brands: HALO clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations. You'll be on teams that are focused on the future of our industry and bringing our customers fresh ideas that are first-in-the-world.
- Stay well at HALO: At HALO, we have benefits that support all parts of your life and to find a work-life balance custom to you. We offer easily accessible mental healthcare for you and your family. HALO has multiple programs to help with life’s challenges. Our program focuses on behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry, personalized skill development, and providing access to care for your dependents. In addition, we offer nation-wide coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Prepare your financial future with our 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
HALO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Careers page.