Vermont Cider Company is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to direct all functions of the maintenance work force. In this role, you will will ensure that maintenance work is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner. You will partner with key plant production personnel to implement and drive best practices in safety, quality, maintenance processes, reliability, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis across all shifts.
Areas of Responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the Hourly Maintenance Workforce
- Provide daily leadership to the hourly maintenance workforce. Make individual job assignments and track the progress to completion.
- Ensure the maintenance workforce is provided with information, tools, and direction to work safely and efficiently.
- Ensure the workforce is provided with the time and tools needed to perform a quality job.
- Ensure that the workforce follows all plant guidelines for Safety, Quality, GMPs, SAP PM processes, time confirmations, monthly meetings, and other procedures.
- Asset Reliability – Ensure asset reliability through TPM, Lean, Autonomous Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis, and other reliability tools.
- Business Unit Support – Provide daily technical and troubleshooting expertise to the assigned BU.
- Utilize Guide TI to document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day, including searching and issuing parts, documenting equipment issues, and entering inspection/measurement points accurately and thoroughly.
· Comply with all VCC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
- B.S. in an engineering field preferred plus 5 years’ experience in maintenance of an industrial plant environment, including at least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong communication, computer, organizational, and planning skills are essential.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing programs is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with PLC’s, AC, and DC drives, instrumentation and other industrial control components is required.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics required.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify root causes (e.g. six-sigma analysis), propose, and implement remedies; ability to perform calibrations, installation, and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience in high-speed packaging and/or highly automated continuous process environment preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical work, valve replacement, conveyor bearing, and chain replacement, motor/gearbox replacement, lube routes.
- Post Offer Pre-Employment Examination (POPE) required
Vermont Cider Company is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & accidental insurance, 401k with employer match, paid time off, annual bonus plan and more!
About Vermont Cider Company
We reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991 and continue to lead the category through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. Vermont Cider Co. crafts a variety of ciders for a variety of consumers. Our portfolio is as diverse as our fans. There’s iconic Woodchuck, fruit-forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Most recently, in Summer 2021, Vermont Cider Co. introduced Day Chaser, a vodka based RTD canned cocktail. Visit us at www.vtciderco.com.