Responsible supervisory work which involves receiving and accounting for cash and negotiable instruments accepted from the general public.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
The examples as listed are descriptions of essential functions and are not necessarily all inclusive. The omission of an essential function of work does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein. Assigned duties, which are essential function of work not listed herein, are permissible if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
· Supervises the functions of the Cashier's Office.
· Train new hires
· Accepts cash, checks and other negotiable instruments.
· Issues receipts and complete Ad Hock requests. Record all funds received, and compute percentage of partial payments
· Process property tax refunds upon request
· Import/Export Property tax payments daily
· Pull property bills, statements and receipts, collects property tax information and makes telephone calls to verify information.
· Verify property descriptions, assists in the preparation of tax notices and special assessment notices.
· Validates cash receipts and assists with posting to the special assessment ledger.
· Prepares all bank deposits.
· Checks in and files validated deposit tickets.
· Records and collects returned checks.
· Secures bank supplies.
· Complete end of day bank deposits.
· Opens and closes vault daily.
· Inspects all currency offered in payment.
· Provide service to customers, employees and general public by collecting payment for water services, income taxes, Police and Fire services and fees, parking fees, etc.
· Prepare receivables related records and reports.
· Performs related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Considerable experience in the volume handling of large sums of money and some experience in general office work.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.